SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Seeking stupidity relief: P320 FCU stuck on slide. (Don't remove the takedown lever first!)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeking stupidity relief: P320 FCU stuck on slide. (Don't remove the takedown lever first!) Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Because of the renewed interest in this thread I added some clarification to the title.

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This happened to me today but not the way others are describing. I did not take out the take-down lever first.
I had the FCU out just to get an idea of how it worked and somehow the trigger was pulled before I was putting the FCU module in the gun.
After getting the FCU back in the hand grip module, I installed the slide and couldn't get the take-down lever in. I could not get the slide back off either. I was able to pull the slide/FCU back out together. I now realize what I did wrong. I installed the slide before re-installing the take-down lever. I fought with it for an hour then I searched and found this thread. The video that Sleepla8ter posted was a life saver. It only took a few minutes to get them apart.
You don't have to remove the take-down lever first to screw everything up. I will know next time if it ever happens again.
One thing that really surprises me, I gave my Son a brand new Sig P320 and he took it back home with him to Texas. I purchased a new Gas Pedal lever and had it sent to him. He slid the take-down lever out and the new one back in without removing the slide. I am SO surprised.

Ed

Hurst Engines Jeffersonville, Indiana
1929 Buick
1957 Chevrolet
2011 Harley Davidson Super Glide Custom
MSF RiderCoach
Aircraft Machinist USAF (Ret)
Viet Nam Vet (U.S. Army)
Disabled Veteran
Streetrod Builder/enthusiest
Mortec.com Moderator

Posts: 9 | Registered: April 09, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THIS TOPIC SHOULD BE A STICKY.

Ed

Hurst Engines Jeffersonville, Indiana
1929 Buick
1957 Chevrolet
2011 Harley Davidson Super Glide Custom
MSF RiderCoach
Aircraft Machinist USAF (Ret)
Viet Nam Vet (U.S. Army)
Disabled Veteran
Streetrod Builder/enthusiest
Mortec.com Moderator

Posts: 9 | Registered: April 09, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Excellent usage of the Search Function by the new guy... Wink

Welcome to SIGforum, 'hurst01' Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post