SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Most Shootable Pistol You Own
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most Shootable Pistol You Own Login/Join 
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Tie between my Ed Brown 9mm EVO with an optic and my Sig 239 in 375Sig.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1556 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
#3. W German 228
#2. CZ75D-PCR with trigger work from CZ Custom
#1. CZ Phantom straight out of the factory. Absolutely in a class by itself.

Posts: 687 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Currently:

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Big bang theory?

I'm a decent shot with a Desert Eagle.

It doesn't make a good carry piece in the summer. Wink

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t shoot bullseye or competition. My definition of “shoot well” is defensive drills fromp ready or holster, three shot strings, 2” groups, various distances, with movement.

P226 then P229, standard grips.

Glocks don’t work for me. My Range guns are fine for Sunday fun and burning $100 on ammo but that doesn’t count.

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Conserve Liberty:
I don’t shoot bullseye or competition. My definition of “shoot well” is from ready or holster, three shot strings, 2” groups, various distances, with movement.

P226 then P229, standard grips.

Glocks don’t work for me. My Range guns are fine for Sunday fun and burning $100 on ammo but that doesn’t count.

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
best accuracy w careful aim:

226 / 9 with 95 grn JSP

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up shooting revolvers and still find they are the easiest to shoot accurately for me.
I have nothing at all fancy refined or elegant.
I have had two phenomenal shooters, both homely well worn old beat cop guns I bought used.
The first was a shaggy looking but mechanically tight model 10-5 I picked up in the mid 2000’s for all of $165. Sub 5 inch fifty yard groups standing with a two hand hold right to point of aim with 158’s was the norm for that gun.
It stupidly was sold off because I felt I wanted adjustable sights. Then came another old cop gun, with various parts of the blue worn to bare metal from holster wear, a mid 50’s combat masterpiece 4 screw. It performed as well as the model 10-5, and as it came I never touched the sights as adjusted when I got it, this time the gun cost me a “lot” more- $300 !
These days I would be happy to snag any S&W in functional condition for those prices!
At the time I could get tighter 50 yard groups than I could with a semi custom 1911.
I still shoot a revolver better than an auto, the 1911 included

Posts: 3292 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Glock 19C

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Wilson Combat Beretta 92G-SD

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W 52-2

DF/DG

Posts: 56 | Registered: January 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Glock G17 Gen 5 with Zev slide, Trijicon RMR T2, and Night Fision Costa 1/3 sights.

Glock G45 with Aimpoint ACRO P2. Just did a week with it at Gunsite at the recent 250 class.

Sig 320 Nitron Compact 45 ACP. I'm going to purchase a spare slide and have it cut for the RMR pattern.

VP9LE which I will soon buy the VP9 OR slide and get an FCD RMR plate for.

Posts: 12 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 12, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
This is an X-Five Tactical early version.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kgray01
posted Hide Post
SP2022, 9mm.

1 Sam. 15:28

Posts: 313 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is more limiting for me to identify the least shootable pistol I own- as I am satisfied with my overall use of the others [other than increasingly needing a reddot due to declining eye sight].

My least shootable would be a Femaru M37 .380: heavy trigger and miserably small sights.

The 1942 Walther P38 is also bad- when fired in DA mode.

However, I alternate between the other firearms I own more, and my ability with them is relatively equal- none so much more 'shootable' as to stand out.

Of course, .22lr semi-autos seem to be the easiest. but that is almost cheating also.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Toss up between these two:

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 228, hands down

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrandPotter
posted Hide Post
1st: .22lr
2nd: 380 Auto
3rd: 9mm

Divorced myself from 40S&W, 357Sig, 45acp, 38 Special, & 357 Mag

ALL women should Conceal Carry.

Posts: 4599 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: January 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229 Legion. SAO.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, it’s my LTT RDO Centurion. The dang thing is just so smooth!

Posts: 50 | Location: Northern Indiana | Registered: September 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post