SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My HP family (announcing a new to me FEG PJK 9mm)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My HP family (announcing a new to me FEG PJK 9mm) Login/Join 
posted
I just added an FEG PJK hi-power to my hp family having just recently added a pristine 2015 era Belgium “Standard”.

Was cleaning up the FEG and found I could not get the gun back together with the recoil spring that came with it. This same thing happened to me after I installed an aftermarket recoil spring system in my Girsan PI model. So, I installed an original #17 recoil spring that original came with my Browning “Practical” model, and all is well.

I also found that the wood grips that came with the FEG, made it very difficult to apply the safety lever. After I installed a set of Girsan grips that originally came with my Girsan PI model, I could then access and apply the safety lever with no problem. I have a set of “nos” black plastic FEG hi-power grips coming which should be better than these very thick wood grips. However, I really like these Grisan grips on the FEG and I may just leave them on there.

The only other thing I noticed on the FEG is that someone has removed the mag safety system. I was always nervous about doing this but it seems like this work was done well. There is no “trigger wobble” or other signs of problems with this modification. We will see how it all works at the range.

(Top left Browning “Practical”; top right Browning “Standard”; bottom left Girsan PI; bottom right FEG PJK)

It should be noted that this is the third time in my shooting career that I have jumped back into the hi-power game. It all started with the announcement of the Springfield SA 35 which I have not acquired and my not do so. I believe that this really great Grisan PI may be better made and for me functions flawlessly.

Trooper Joe

Posts: 426 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
That’s a nice set of HPs - congratulations!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6695 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice collection. I had a FEG that I had Novak front and rear sights, new hammer, sear, safety etc fit to it and it was an outstanding weapon. I sold it in a moment of weakness to a good friend who listed after it. I hope to someday lure him into trading it back to me for something else he lists after. I got my first HP 40 plus years ago, the Girsans interest me since I haven’t been able to obtain a Springfield yet. Again you have an amazing collection

Posts: 460 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Always nice to have a few Hi Powers around. I've been a fan since the '60s. All of mine have been FN/Browning, except for a ratty old INGLIS, and a not ratty SA-35. I've had the SA-35 for over a year now. A thousand rounds or so through it, no malfunctions to report.

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FÉG made a great quality copy of the Hi-Power. You will love yours.

Posts: 2012 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post