SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Staccato CS vs. C2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Staccato CS vs. C2 Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
Say I hypothetically had the money to buy one of these two Staccato’s. Which would you pick and why? Best as I can tell there’s almost a 1/2” difference in barrel length between them. I’m curious as to y’all’s thoughts.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7004 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
Depends on what you want it for and what you're comfortable with.

Would you rather have a Glock 19(C2) or P365XL(CS)?

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4203 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The new CS is smaller all around.
It’s based on a slimmer grip/magazine body that was designed for 9mm. The P,C2,XC and XL were originally designed around .45 acp so the mags are larger.

I have had two C2 guns over the years and got rid of them because I didn’t like carrying them.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8026 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Interesting, Chowser. I guess another way to ask would be.. what can the C2 do that the CS can’t? It would probably get carried some, would not be a HD gun.

Posts: 7004 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The C2 has a stronger aftermarket, but the CS is catching up. The C2 will work with a variety of magazine lengths (all 2011 pattern magazines). Until/unless Staccato runs with the slimmer magazines in a full-size gun, the stock 16 round mags plus whatever extensions the aftermarket makes will probably be it.

I own a C2 (and a P, an XC, and an older STI Tactical) and like them all quite a bit. I have shot the CS and was impressed by how much they shrunk up the grip circumference. Every step up or down will represent some trade-off in shootability. The XC shoots better than the P, the P shoots better than the C2. I don't have enough time on the CS to have much of an opinion, but I found it noticeably more abrupt than the C2. QVO Tactical makes a replacement mainspring housing for the CS that extends to be flush with the mag baseplate that's I think it's worth considering. Modern 2011s are a good time.

Posts: 5166 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that ^^. Exactly what I was looking for.

The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
My co-worker owns a P, C2, and a CS.

If I were going to pick one to carry (both uniform and off-duty) it would be the C2. It is very Glock 19ish in size and weight. That happy medium that can do both.

The CS is just a little too small and snappy. If I were only going to carry concealed it would be the way to go, but it's just a little small for uniform work.

The P, in my opinion, is just too big/bulky for concealed carry.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4203 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Between the C2 and the CS, the CS was a little more snappy for me. The C2 is also more accurate in my hands, albeit I have more trigger time on it. I still wish they made the 2019 P. The new heritage edition is close, but it is different in some ways.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks!

Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
I have a CS, havent fired a C2 so I dont have a comparison. I have a Springfield EMP, and I found the CS to be similar in recoil. I dont find either to be 'snappy'.
I was hoping the new smaller grip on the CS would make reaching the mag release easier, but I dont notice a significant difference over the P.

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post