SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    kydex holster ???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

kydex holster ??? Login/Join 
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted
Who is one of the better kydex holster makers, I have a Bravo Concealment and it's not bad, but I have a no name Kydex holster that is thinner and twice as rigid as the bravo concealment.

What makers do you prefer and why?

thanks,

Archerman

Posts: 2488 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I have several Garrett kydex holsters. He has the forms for a wide array of handguns and can do them with optics and a wide selection of mounting options. The best thing about them is they are lined inside with soft leather so it’s much quieter and kinder to you’re guns finish. Ron is a good guy to deal with and made in the USA!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8537 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
+1 on Garrett

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1451 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archerman:
I have a Bravo Concealment and it's not bad, but I have a no name Kydex holster that is thinner and twice as rigid as the bravo concealment.

Likely because the latest Bravo holsters are no longer made from actual formed kydex, but instead use cheaper injection-molded plastic. Same with newer Raven holsters.

Kydex is better/thinner/stiffer/more robust, but also more expensive and more time-consuming to work with. Custom holster makers still use kydex, but these larger makers are moving to "assembly line" injection molding to cut corners and speed production.

Posts: 32540 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I'm a big Garrett fan too. Got 5 of them.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2411 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blade Tech or Vedder. Both make excellent kydex holsters

Posts: 77 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
For carry I like JM Custom kydex. For OWB, competition Red Hill Tactical is great, especially the double layer ones. I used to buy a lot of Blade Tech and Comp Tac gear but both seem to have changed their designs and materials in the past several years and I haven't liked any of the models I've seen but I have no direct experience with the new stuff. I'm an IDPA SO and see tons of kydex, both IWB and OWB. I still have a couple of 'old school' Blade Techs but I think were made in the early 2000s. I think Dara is good too but I have only ordered OWB kydex mag pouches from them.

Posts: 4079 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Vedder and they are on sale

Posts: 17901 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
VEDDER

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
JM Custom Kydex.

jmcustomkydex.com

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I'm a Comp Tac fan. I have seven of their holsters in various models and they are all top notch.

https://comp-tac.com/warrior-h...arry-or-competition/

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
My G-19 and a Gcode are pretty much my EDC

https://www.tacticalholsters.com

Blade tech have always worked for me as well

https://blade-tech.com

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8359 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Tenicor.

Posts: 4086 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Garrett kydex leather lined holster. These are the silent thunder stx

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Garrett and Jm Kydex were my top 2.
Been using a Tenicore IWB and really like it.
They mold in a "bulb" were some use a separate pad. Stays flat and keeps the butt in.
Experiencing a medical condition that seems to be enlarging my appendix. Doc said it wasn't unusual for 65. ??

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I don’t have a particular brand I stick with. But I like the Black Rhino in comfort. JMCK, Raven, KT Mech are also some great brand. The thing about Bravo going from Kyle’s to injection molding was the reason I only buy used Bravo ones.

Posts: 1354 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Garrett has been very good for me.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Vedder and they are on sale

Those are mine fav's also. Vedder has a greater selection for gun models available.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
The last two kydex holsters I've purchased have been from Cooks. Delivery is good, quality is excellent.

https://www.cooksholsters.com/

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Comp-Tac and Blade-Tech have been very good for me.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9368 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post