SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pmag now making metal mags for SIG P320
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pmag now making metal mags for SIG P320 Login/Join 
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
Let’s hope they’re better than the polymer mags they made for Glock. Those were shit.

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1744 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FP2000H:
Let’s hope they’re better than the polymer mags they made for Glock. Those were shit.

Say what? Their polymer mags work well in all of my Glocks. I have both OEM and Magpul. One isn't any more or less reliable than the other.

I have dedicated range/class mags from both and they get stepped on, dropped in silty dirt, rained on and even mud. All work fine.

Posts: 4080 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^
Huh? They work great. I even know LEO who carry the 21 rounders.

Posts: 12468 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Interesting. But at $35, no real money saver, since I can catch Sig mags on sale for $39.
I am fully on board for $25.

Ask and you shall receive:

ACT-MAG / ARMSCOR 17 rd. Mags for the SIG P320/M17 have been available for nearly three years, and are only $22.95 from Greg Cote....IN STOCK and Made in Italy!

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/s...ine-3209-p-2047.html

The ACT Mags for the P320 are VERY similar (appearance & performance wise) to the shiny blued Mec-Gar mags for the P226 & P228/P229 that were/are the go to preferred mags for many SIG owners. I purchased five of the P320 ACT Mags from Greg Cote back in April 2021 as I much prefer the SIG 'Made in Italy' mags and none were to be found anywhere at the time. I've been VERY impressed with the performance of the ACT Mags....ZERO Issues!

ETA - There are neutered 15rd & 10rd versions of these Full/Carry size P320 Mags available for those that live behind enemy lines. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhracecraft,

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8903 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been using ACT-Mags in my 220 for quite a while without issue. I will try out the 320 mags, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Been using ACT-Mags in my 220 for quite a while without issue. I will try out the 320 mags, too.

Likewise. Thanks for the tip nhracecraft! Icing on the cake that it's Greg Cote, who's just a pleasure to do business with. I'm not sure how I missed these.

Posts: 8575 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting. But at $35, no real money saver, since I can catch Sig mags on sale for $39.

Where are you seeing P320 mags for $39?...I can't find anything near me (or online) for less than $50

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've been using their Glock mags for a while--since they came out. Haven't found a bad one yet...they've been dropped, kicked, walked over, buried in sand...after a quick wipe-down and/or quick disassemble wipe-out, they've gone back into service.

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGguy229:
quote:

Where are you seeing P320 mags for $39?...I can't find anything near me (or online) for less than $50

$37.99 at GunMagWarehouse .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
You guys must have gotten mags from a good batch, or I bought too early before the kinks had been worked out. I had followers that would stick where I could turn the mag upside down and rounds would fall out. Not even joking. They weren’t that much cheaper than factory Glock mags so I just stuck with factory mags for reliability.

I might consider them for training, but for serious carry I wouldn’t use anything other than a factory magazine. It’s not worth it to me to risk reliability on something my life may depend on just to save a few dollars.

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1744 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
So Magpul is making a transparent AR mag? Something Lancer has been doing for years? Wow!

My first thought too.

"TMAG-30...Because Lancer's are better and we know it!"

Big Grin

(Just a joke, I love Magpul products)

Posts: 10754 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
Magpul makes quality products.

I'm happy to see more competition for magazines , especially from a known player in the magazine game.

I doubt they will release crappy products given their track record thus far.

Hopefully they add more pistol magazine types to their AMAG line over time.

as far as the advertising, its advertising.... of course they're gonna say this is the latest and greatest, does no one remember Oxyclean Smile

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I look at it as a positive, although the Magpul product does have to prove itself. After all it's not like they've made metal magazines before. Certainly the cap-limited factory 10 round 320F mags have been mostly MIA for the last two years for us stuck behind the Iron Curtain and if Magpul makes those like they did for the Glock, having another option is not a bad thing. As for my own experiences using the Magpul Glock mags, I've yet to have any problems with any of them, even those first production units units that had been identified as being problematic, and then quickly remedied by Magpul with new revised housings which were shipped free of charge through the distributor that I ordered those mags from.

It's funny (but not really) that GunMagWarehouse still sells the flush 320F 17 rounders at the usual $45 that's commonly found most everywhere, but sells the extended 21rd sticks at the quoted cheaper price. Considering what SIG usually charges dealers for the extended mag (a problem I can only wish that I had) I wonder if GMW got their hands on some mags that were a part of a contract overrun.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
So Magpul is making a transparent AR mag? Something Lancer has been doing for years? Wow!

My first thought too.

Big Grin

I love my Lancers, but only have a few. All my range mags are Magpul.
My Lancers stay loaded for HD

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15333 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4sigman
posted Hide Post
I always found Lancers to be problematic. Maybe I kept getting bad ones but over the course of a year I tried at least a dozen of them (all smoke gray). They were prone to double feeds, mainly from the top round jumping out of the feed lips when conducting bolt-lock loads or reloads.

quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:

My first thought too.

Big Grin

Posts: 275 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: April 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
I don’t know. I love my pmags and other magpul stuff. I’ll wait for gen 2 for them to sort out the unexpected issues, and for a better made baseplate to grip module match. Kinda janky to me:

I think they made the base plate like that to fit all the versions of P320 grip module. The tabs that fill the gap cause issues on other grips. The tabs are a know issue for the X frame and Legion grip module. I had to change mine so they fit any P320 grip.

As a note, some of the usual +5 or +6 magazine extensions are a tight fit and also make them too long for the USPSA 140mm length limit. Not a concern for most but important to me and some others.

They do seem like good mags and I’m looking forward to trying them out. More options are good and these are shiny. Smile

Buy more magazines!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 3ACR_Scout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
The tabs that fill the gap cause issues on other grips. The tabs are a know issue for the X frame and Legion grip module. I had to change mine so they fit any P320 grip.

Note that it's only the original P320 baseplates with the round locking pin hole in the bottom that have fit issues with X-series grips. The current production SIG baseplates with the rectangular hole fit all X series grip modules just fine. I don't have any Legion grips, so I can't speak to those.

Posts: 128 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
I don’t know. I love my pmags and other magpul stuff. I’ll wait for gen 2 for them to sort out the unexpected issues, and for a better made baseplate to grip module match. Kinda janky to me:

I think they made the base plate like that to fit all the versions of P320 grip module. The tabs that fill the gap cause issues on other grips. The tabs are a know issue for the X frame and Legion grip module. I had to change mine so they fit any P320 grip.

As a note, some of the usual +5 or +6 magazine extensions are a tight fit and also make them too long for the USPSA 140mm length limit. Not a concern for most but important to me and some others.

They do seem like good mags and I’m looking forward to trying them out. More options are good and these are shiny. Smile

Buy more magazines!

It might also make them fit the P250 as well?

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 341 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post