SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Holosun EPS vs 509T
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holosun EPS vs 509T Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Want a closed emitter RDS.
Kind of come down to these two choices. I seem to like the EPS as I can have the slide milled and mount it directly to the slide without a plate.
Though it says it has a low deck height for use with standard height sights. I already have suppressor height sights so will that be problematic?
Pretty sure the 509T needs to mount to the plate seems silly to have a plate compared to a direct mount.

Sure wish Trijicon had a closed emitter RDS.
The Sig Romeo2 is crazy expensive.
Steiner MPS only has a dot option. Though not a deal killer
ACRO P2 is big and expensive if you can even find one.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25619 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gallo Pazzesco
posted Hide Post
Yes, yes and yes to all of those things. I am contemplating the same things.

Holosun is fast becoming as expensive as the others .... and just as hard to find. I would have bought a Romeo Pro Elite when I picked-up my new X-Macro from my LGS Elite dealer a couple of weeks ago but the SIG Rep told me they're out in NH ... now I'm considering the Holosun (I already have several of their products) paired with a TLR-7 ... just finally got my Diamond Point Tactical leather winged OWB holster yesterday, PSA had some on their rack in their main store ... no light with that one but it is cutout for a dot.

Posts: 104 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is your slide milled already? A slide can be direct milled for the 509T

Posts: 5195 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gallo Pazzesco:

Holosun is fast becoming as expensive as the others .... and just as hard to find.

What do you base that on? Wholesale and MAP on Holosun products has not increased since the start of the year, when most items went up $5-$10 on the wholesale side. Almost all SKUs are widely available EXCEPT the EPS and EPS Carry, which just started shipping in the last few weeks.

If you're looking for something specific, feel free to reach out to me for Sig Forum pricing.

Posts: 5195 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Is your slide milled already? A slide can be direct milled for the 509T

Not milled already but how does that work for the 509. To me it looks like the optic has a claw that mounts to the plate.
Where the EPS has screws that mount from the top.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Not milled already but how does that work for the 509.

https://www.mapleleaffirearms.com/glock509t

Main difference for direct milling is that the 509T cut is 509T-only specific. The EPS cut will allow other optics to be mounted, if that matters to you.
Some people say that the EPS line has a better glass. I can't tell for sure, I am not that glass-sensitive. My 509 is first gen, and my EPS is EPS Carry, they look about the same.

Posts: 486 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Thank you.
Wonder which is the more secure mount?

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Properly installed, they're probably very equally secure. We have a lot of 509Ts at work and we do not see them loosening, although most are on MOS guns and we don't see the plate screws loosening generally, either.

The big deciding factors for me would be the window size, cost, and desired features.

You can get the EPS and EPS Carry in several different reticles (2 MOA, 6 MOA, and 2/32 MOA circle/dot multiple reticle system). I find the 2 MOA dot to be sufficient. A lot of people like the 6 MOA dot. Others like the circle/dot. Both are available in green and red as well. The "dot only" options are cheaper than the multiple reticle system ones. The EPS line is made of aluminum. The multiple reticle system models have a solar cell. For what it's worth, that feature means nothing to me.

The 509T is only available with the multiple reticle system and is made of titanium. I don't really care about the titanium construction, but it's there for you if you want it. I'd go watch Aaron Cowan's 10k round update on his 509T, particularly the drop test montage if you have questions.

If you already have suppressor height sights and are fine with either a 2 MOA dot, 32 MOA circle, or both, I would really consider the 509T. They are readily available now, proven reliable, and if you know where to look, are pretty reasonably priced.

I also like Maple Leaf for slide milling. Fairly priced and a relatively quick turnaround.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
The Circle Dot MSRPs are the same between the 2. Which one has the bigger window, can’t really tell from the pics and Holosun’s site says coming soon and does not have the dimensions diagram for the EPS.

I’ll have to check with my dude to see if he can mill for the 509.
I know he mills for the K footprint the EPS uses.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
The EPS is wider and taller although not by much in the height department.

Window Size:
0.90 x 0.63 (EPS) or 0.77 x 0.58 (EPS Carry)

Credit: TFB

The Carry also has an integrated rough rear sight notch were the standard EPS does not.