SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Found a nice Stampede
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a nice Stampede Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
I love my Sigs and other autoloaders like so many on this board, though I have always had a sweet spot for the Colt SAA and its clones. I have the real deal Colt SAA though I’ve always thought the Beretta Stampede was a super cool offering as one doesn’t really associate that company with wheel guns.

By chance the other day I found a like new version with the 4 5/8” barrel in 357 mag. Fit and finish seems pretty good and though the case coloring is definitely not as nice as the Colt, it’s pretty decent. Trigger is very light and crisp and cylinder lock up is excellent. I was told these are basically Uberti’s that Beretta re-badged I guess?

It’s a low serial number under 500, which puts it in the first year of production in 2003. I’m curious if anyone has one of these and if there is anything I should know about them. I had heard the early ones had some issues so not sure what to look for. Gotta get it to the range soon!

full body workout vs upper lower split

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was told these are basically Uberti’s that Beretta re-badged I guess?

That would be my assumption since Uberti is overseen by Benelli who is in turn pwned by Beretta (if you were to quietly ask anyone at Benelli...)

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That's a fine looking gun! I don't know much about the Beretta/Ubertis, but I really enjoy shooting .357 out of my 4 5/8 Blackhawk. It's a great barrel-length for a single-action.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:
I was told these are basically Uberti’s that Beretta re-badged I guess?

That would be my assumption since Uberti is overseen by Benelli who is in turn pwned by Beretta (if you were to quietly ask anyone at Benelli...)

All fine companies; I'd just call it a Beretta and expect it to be an excellent revolver.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Years ago I had one that went back for reliability issues that were caused by the newfangled safety system. I can’t remember the specifics of the issue, but Beretta fixed it and I traded it off for a traditional type Uberti single action I carry with an empty chamber under the hammer.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Nice score! I would buy that exact same model had I not purchased a Vaquero .357 last March. Looks to be in new condition. The sights are probably regulated for 158 grain ammo.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The Beretta is a completely different animal from the Uberti.

It's based off the frame and cylinder and that's where it ends. Beretta receives unfinished frames with barrels, cylinders and grip frames, then modifies them to their own specs.

Beretta has a completely different set of internals that incorporate a transfer bar and firing pin.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

I hadn't seen a SAA from Beretta. Looks like it would be fun!

I was able to find an older SAA from J.P. Sauer and Sohn in 44 Magnum.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That’s a fine-looking hog leg you got there. And yes, a Peacemaker or clone with a 4 5/8” barrel balances and points like no other handgun I’ve handled. Awful close to perfection.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Years ago I had one that went back for reliability issues that were caused by the newfangled safety system. I can’t remember the specifics of the issue, but Beretta fixed it and I traded it off for a traditional type Uberti single action I carry with an empty chamber under the hammer.

Well I’m hoping mine doesn’t display with these issues. I looked at the Cattleman and the El Patron before, just never got one.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments everyone as usual. I know these aren’t super common though I figured some of you had to have had one or seen them around. Not sure how long they made them though I think it was at least a few years.