SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P228 original M11
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 original M11 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Resold on GB for $3104!
Wow

Posts: 872 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
You would think a Sig fan would be a member of this forum, or at least browse it once in a while! Not to mention that we have a member who is probably one of, if not, THE, world's authority on the P228.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That same fake M11 is back on the GB again....truly the town bicycle

Posts: 93 | Location: Central, FL | Registered: August 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a.lol.cat:

I saw that. I was initially curious, but...a five minute Google search...Pass (Run Away!)

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
In all the examples that Q posted, it looks like the "U.S." and "M11" markings match the way the serial number was put on. On some the serial looks stamped, and the "U.S." and "M11" markings also look stamped, some the serials look laser engraved, while the "U.S." and "M11" markings also look laser engraved. The stamped versions are stamped pre-anodize, the laser engraving look post-anodize. On the one in question, the serial looks stamped and the markings look laser engraved. I'd say that the one in question is certainly a fake just based on the markings alone.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bid on that one when it went through RIA up to $800 just cuz it was a nice P228 but thought it was a fake, guy who bought it was a reseller and Sig wouldn't tell him anything about it, and it wasn't PM electro pencilled anywhere. Would love to find a legit M11 or M11B.

Posts: 209 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
I confess I bid on the current auction because I think $795 is an OK price for any P228 in very condition with box and papers.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember seeing a Red Box CPO that looked like it was an M11. But that was like...ten years ago.

Behind the Singer Sewing Machine 1911...it is one I often look for for...

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Minor correction SigM11- I believe you meant Singer 1911.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
I believe that is the same Singer company. Just like the Remington Rand Typewriter Co also made 1911s in WWII.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:

"If there's a sucker born every minute, there must be a lot more around."~Spalding Gray

Wink

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
I believe that is the same Singer company. Just like the Remington Rand Typewriter Co also made 1911s in WWII.

It is an interesting story...

https://www.popularmechanics.c...mpany-45-pistol-gun/

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Shit, someone posted a thread about it with a link to the auction a few days ago!

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post