SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P226 Custom Works X-Five. The best USA Sig...ever.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P226 Custom Works X-Five. The best USA Sig...ever. Login/Join 
posted
I just picked this up last night and can't wait to shoot it. Its the nicest work I've ever seen out of Sig USA and I fully expect it to shoot as well as any other pistol I own. Build quality, attention to detail, and refinement is outstanding. This is the Classic model with the cocobolo grips and I got it for $2325 OTD.

They come packed with features. The trigger is fully adjustable and comes set at a crisp 2.5lbs from the factory. The reset is short and it has no creep with minimal take-up. The sights are outstanding with a fully adjustable rear and a thin green fiber optic front.

The gun weighs 46.2oz with an empty magazine inserted, which will aid in shooting it accurately.

Just a fantastic pistol all around. Sig has truly outdone themselves.

Please enjoy the pics and share your thoughts...

I've now amassed a decent collection of American Sigs

P220 Super Match, P220 GT20, P210 Target, P320 AXG Pro, P320 Spectre Comp, P226 X-Five

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I like the texturing on the grips.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beauty! I like to give new sig's time to work out their issues, hopefully- as this is an older design, there are none.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Gun. Fits in well with your outstanding collection. Sig did do a Great job on these. Enjoy.

Posts: 987 | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I will add one observation to yours… The new US X5 rivals the quality and craftsmanship of it’s German engineered X series heritage… at half the price.

Some of the more trained Connoisseurs have indicated they notice a negligible difference in the trigger action but to me, it is one of the smoothest triggers I have ever felt on a mid-grade target gun. I got mine to the range last weekend and shot it side by side with my X5 all around (with GG action job on trigger). I know… I know… SAO compared to DA/SA is like comparing apples to oranges so my focus was on the SA performance in the comparison. If you haven’t seen it, there is a tread started October 4th about the launch Finally a Reality. I think Q did a great job on his review 12131’s Review

Will be interested in your thoughts from your trip to the range.

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I have quite a few Mastershop pistols. Not sure this is quite at their level of quality and refinement, but I expect it to perform every bit as well.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Hopefully I'll get mine next week. Super jealous.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats! In the photos of member 12131’s thread I noticed that the safety detent mechanism was quite different on the US and German P226 SAO X5s. Do you notice any difference in “feel” as you flick their safety levers between positions?

Those grips are sure pretty!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Congrats! In the photos of member 12131’s thread I noticed that the safety detent mechanism was quite different on the US and German P226 SAO X5s. Do you notice any difference in “feel” as you flick their safety levers between positions?

Those grips are sure pretty!

I actually like the feel of the safety lever on this better than my four German models. Feels slightly more positive.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Thanks for the quick reply – I was really curious.

BTW – a bit of light grease, e.g. Slip2000 EWG, on the edge and pivot of the detent cam makes for a crisper safety feel.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post