SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Quick range report on that S&W 29-2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick range report on that S&W 29-2 Login/Join 
Picture of bripro
posted
Since I said “quick“ range report I’ll just say that it shoots as good as it looks.

Call me superstitious if you will but I always want the first shot of any new (or new to me) gun to be dead on. Although the former owner says it hasn’t been shot in almost 3 decades he said it was spot on when he put it away. With that in mind I moved the rear sight about four clicks to the right since I’m a right hand shooter with left eye dominance. Keeping my superstition in mind my first shot was at 25 yards and elevation was spot on and I was about an inch to the right of the bull. I was able to breathe a sigh of relief as that is well within my standards. By the time I left the range I did actually move the rear sight to the right another click and I eventually found the sweet spot for my trigger finger and was grouping out to 50 yards. With that long barrel I obviously want to take it out to 100 but for now I kept it at 25 and 50.

At the closer distances double action shots were only slightly less accurate than single. I’m very happy with it’s performance and really glad I found it. I’ll also take the opportunity to post a few photos out in the daylight where it’s very evident to see the great condition it’s in. It’s not perfect but I would say about 97% or so. Definitely a great find. Thanks for looking, Brian

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bripro,

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Posts: 155 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
If it shoots as good as it looks then you do indeed have a great specimen there. What a beauty! The sight radius on that thing is like an SBR. Big Grin

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta love a bright nickel S+W revolver. It's beautiful, don't use Hoppes #9 to clean it though.

It reminds me of the clint eastwood movie and a scene "are you feeling lucky punk? You have to ask yourself, was that 5 shots or 6?"

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
--->>>{{{{LUST}}}}<<<---

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
DANG that's pretty!

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

I don't own a nickel S&W, but I wish I would have picked one up before the prices became crazy on them.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Inspector Callahan approved.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like what used to be shot at IHMSA silo competitions. Nice.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post