SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone else suspicious of the long extractor, especially on 229's?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else suspicious of the long extractor, especially on 229's? Login/Join 
Picture of hollywood_shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hollywood_shooter:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
I'm also playing with a hydraulic guide rod -- still messing with it.
Ummm, so not a factory setup?
Was this before or after you had issues?

After. I don't suspect the guide rod or recoil spring with having much to do with the failure-to-extract. I put the blame there firmly on the extractor tension....combined possibly with specific magazines being out of spec w/the legion 229

quote:
...and I probably should mention I don't have any 229 mags - only 226 mags.
So you acquired a "new-to-me 229 Legion", with no P229 magazines? Confused

Yes. Standard capacity magazines can't be transferred in CA, unless you're LEO. I am not. I am however old enough to have a lot of pre-ban (again, a CA thing) 226 mags. The reason I bought the 229 without mags is a) I don't care about carrying it with flush mags and b) I plan to use whichever of the 226 mags I already own that run consistently in the 229.

If the 9th Circus Court En Banc Review ever releases their decision in the Mag Ban case, maybe I can then order up some 229 flush fit 17's...

-----------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed lamb with a Sig X-Six protesting that decision."

Posts: 125 | Location: Hollywood, CA | Registered: November 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad you missed out on freedom week where judge benitez temporarily reversed the magazine ban! Hopefully that will happen again for you.

Posts: 25 | Registered: January 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hollywood_shooter
posted Hide Post
Oh - I didn't miss out on Freedom Week, just ask my UPS driver. Great legs. I just wasn't planning on a 229 Legion back then.

-----------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed lamb with a Sig X-Six protesting that decision."

Posts: 125 | Location: Hollywood, CA | Registered: November 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh - I didn't miss out on Freedom Week, just ask my UPS driver. Great legs. I just wasn't planning on a 229 Legion back then.

Glad to hear that!

Posts: 25 | Registered: January 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post