SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P226 Extended take down lever
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P226 Extended take down lever Login/Join 
posted
So sig just came our with the really neat take down lever. Used to rest your left hand thumb on.

Already got one for my 32x5 looks and feels good.

PROBLEM is the I bought 3 and they come with a new pin that goes through the trigger assembly. It's sticks out the opposite side lime 1/8 of an inch and has a half moon slot like a clevis pin should be there.

The notch depth is the same but wider.

Anyone know if we should use this or not.

Posts: 11 | Registered: October 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Sig says to us it on a P226 change over;

Factory replacement extended takedown lever for the P226 XFIVE. May also be used as an upgrade to any P226 pistol by using the required included trigger pivot pin.

https://www.sigsauer.com/p226-...own-lever-black.html

Posts: 18035 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If you're going to use it as the thumb rest, which will put a lot of pressure on it, then you should use that supplied pin. With the pin poking out on the left side of the frame, it serves as a detent for the thumb rest, so it cannot have any movements.

See my description on that system in this thread here, https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...440087594#9440087594

Q

Posts: 26418 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the 226,229, 220 the pin does no act as a pivot pin. I thought this could be the case, but that's the direction (down) for slide removal. And the pin does no slide out to rest the lever support. Just protrudes from the opposite side.

Posts: 11 | Registered: October 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeryray:
On the 226,229, 220 the pin does no act as a pivot pin. I thought this could be the case, but that's the direction (down) for slide removal. And the pin does no slide out to rest the lever support. Just protrudes from the opposite side.

Any chance you installed the pin backwards? Slot should be on the right side of the pistol.

Posts: 181 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How difficult is the trigger pivot pin to install on the new X-Five. What is the process to remove the pin on the new X-5 classic and install the new take down lever and pivot pin. Things to be aware of , etc. i just hate to take apart and not able to get back together if it is a difficult task. Thanks

Posts: 987 | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^
The US X5 Classic - Same as any other old P-series SIGs.

The X5 STAS - See the link I posted above.

Q

Posts: 26418 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post