SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43x/48 sights for optic use. What height/size Ameriglo’s
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43x/48 sights for optic use. What height/size Ameriglo’s Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
Does anybody have a 43x/48 with a Holosun optic on it? What size sights work for co-witness without being full huge suppressor height?

Specifically if anybody has any info on what size Ameriglo’s would work best? Optic would likely be an EPS or SCS Carry but it’s all just a hypothetical at this point so any info is appreciated.

Also a dumb question. All Glock sights work on the given MOS variant, correct? The only issue would be those that would hang off the back of the slide but they would still fit the MOS dovetail, correct? Model specific of course.

Thank you much all,
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7889 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I have an Holosun SCS Carry optic mounted on my Glock 43X MOS. I tried the co-witness height Trijicon and found it took up far too much room in my optical viewing area and replaced it with this offering from XS Sights. Perfect!

https://xssights.com/products/...ghts-fits-glock.html

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10268 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Depends on the optic. If you are going to use a RMRcc, there are no sights that will cowitness. The pate required for the RMRcc raises the optic so far up because the factory pocket is not long enough.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37195 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I have a 43x MOS with Vortex Defender. Standard height sights will provide a lower 1/3 co-witness.

The 507k was the same, but that was on milled 43x slide from BattleWerx.

Used Ameriglo Trooper with the 507k and Glock sights with the Vortex Defender. I prefer the Vortex Defender as the window is bigger than other smaller RDs. Defender doesn't need a plate with the 43X MOS. FYI.

Joe
Back in Tx.

Posts: 2547 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm using Ameriglo GT-532 plain black on my 43X MOS with EPS Carry. They are just barely visible.

Per Ameriglo's site they are a .165 front and .168 rear (overall rear height is .248).

Posts: 5203 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Per Ameriglo's site they are a .165 front and .168 rear (overall rear height is .248).

Isn’t that lower than the stock sights? I thought the stock sights were .200? This, like many things however, I could be completely wrong.

Thanks everybody for the various info.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7889 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post