SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wilson Combat P320/GLOCK Upgrades?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson Combat P320/GLOCK Upgrades? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone with any direct experience with the Wilson packages of either of these platforms want to weigh in as to their value? I'm of two schools of thought: Wilson produces some of the best 1911s extent, along with Baer, Nighthawk and so on, but very little mechanically can be done to significantly "improve" a striker fired pistol. Is the almost-double uncharge result in significant improvements, particularly for a duty gun?

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock Duty Gun?

Like you said, not much to do in the way of "improvements".

$.50 trigger job, good sights, possibly a good stipple job / trigger guard reduction... That's about it.
You can go with some of the newer trigger set-ups: Skimmer Trigger, Glock Preformance Trigger

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/1340041894

As far as the Wilson Combat goes, I think it's already coming with the "basic" upgrades.

Toss on a WML, and a holster to match the set-up, get some ammo and range time with whatever you get.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8354 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Can't speak to WC P320.

For Glock: Sights are mandatory (for me). Trigger is pretty important too (unless Gen 5 which is good). And, for me, the frame is really tricky, but not sure you can really mod that if it's "duty".

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1959 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I am a fan of Wilson Combat and their work however aside from their grip modules for the 320 I don’t see a reason their 320 upgrades command such a price.
I’ve handled one of their fully built 320s and I certainly don’t care for it more than my 320 with some upgrades which was far cheaper.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25431 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't answer the question but being a fan of WC in general, I would also like to understand any rational for the absurd price of their P320 line. I say absurd because outside of a custom cut slide I've seen nothing that calls out any unique value other than it having the WC name on it.

Posts: 354 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went from the factory 320 grip module to the Wilson Combat one.

From that I went to the one from Grayguns, it fit my hand better.

Posts: 7021 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really don't get the point of wanting any of their striker upgrades, either for SIG or Glock. Unless it's just too irresistible to have a signature WC sunburst on that SIG or Glock, what they do isn't really any different than what every other customizing shop does...or what the actual owner can mostly do for themselves, generally for much less money. Early on I thought the WC grip module for the P320 was pretty nice, but then SIG and their slab-sided X-grip module stole my soul and became my preferred choice. Then the alloy AXG module came out and it really made its mark on me, essentially turning a P320 into a striker that has the character and charisma of a P226. No third-party needed.

(EDIT):

This message has been edited. Last edited by: monoblok,

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
monoblok, I have that exact same X-VTAC configuration with the exception of changing out the Sig black/grey panels for Hogue palm swell black piranha. Love it.

Posts: 354 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
I'd like to get one of their grip modules for my G33. They're pricey so hoping to find one used.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post