SIGforum
P365 SAS...No Current Manual?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6700062264

October 19, 2019, 08:30 PM
AZ Husker
P365 SAS...No Current Manual?
I was shocked when I picked up my new SAS that the manual included was for the standard 365. Even the online version on the Sig website is the old version. Anyone else?
October 19, 2019, 09:57 PM
hrcjon
I don't follow the P365 that much, but what might be a meaningful difference that the manual might not cover. as near as I can tell the SAS stuff is totally cosmetic...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
October 20, 2019, 12:26 AM
toivo
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I don't follow the P365 that much, but what might be a meaningful difference that the manual might not cover. as near as I can tell the SAS stuff is totally cosmetic...

I think with this one it's more than cosmetic. First off, there's the "no front sight" set-up. Then there's the porting, which might need a special mention or two. Last, there's the flush-mounted slide stop.

I think the 365 SAS needs its own manual. They're probably just a little slow getting it out.
October 20, 2019, 07:30 AM
It doesn't need its own manual.

Q

October 20, 2019, 09:36 AM
AZ Husker
I believe it does, especially concerning takedown. The manual that comes with it is for the original 365 with the disassembly lever. The SAS has a screw slot, which looks to me to be a pain. Then there is the almost non-existent slide stop and the new sights.
October 20, 2019, 09:59 AM
No you don't need a different manual.

1. Sight - Are you planning to swap it out? And, what instructions do you need to use this sight? Center the dot and shoot.

2. Slide catch - Was specifically mentioned in the SIG video that you will need to sling shot it. Using your thumb as usual is out of the question.

3. Takedown - How hard is it to use a flat headed screwdriver? Or a dime? Turn 90 degrees clockwise as usual and done.

4. Ported barrel - Someone mentioned this above. Really? You need a different manual for that?

Q

October 20, 2019, 11:16 AM
Lefty Sig
You can turn the takedown "knob" with a shell case rim. Just make sure you turn it clockwise. Might get brass marks on it, but they clean off with bore solvent.