SIGforum
Can Anyone checker or texture already slick G-10 grips?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6690029474

September 24, 2020, 07:12 PM
OttoSig
Can Anyone checker or texture already slick G-10 grips?
Looks like smooth G10 grips from Hogue.

While I'm mulling over some other options from forum members I would like to be able to repurpose these rather than waste them.

Slick grips are of no use to me, so can I checker them? Or rather, can a competent grip maker, or person who works with g10 put some texture on them?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OttoSig,

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!
September 24, 2020, 07:36 PM
limblessbiff
How pretty do ya want them to be? Maybe you can stipple them with a soldering iron? I’ve never tried it but I’d try poking the back side of one to see if it’ll work. Or you can bubba them with a dremel or something but You’re prolly better off just replacing them
September 24, 2020, 08:31 PM
OttoSig
Well the thing is they don't offer P220 SAO grips in the G10 anymore other than checkered Black.

I wont be disappointed if these dont turn out well trying it myself, but if for a decent amount of money I can get someone better to do it I would be willing to pay.

I was also told by VZ that 220 grips are in their plans and hopefully around first of the year we may see something. I am in no rush but I love their stuff so I hope it happens.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!
September 25, 2020, 12:22 AM
ergoproxy
Will this work? https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig...olymer-grip-set.html
September 25, 2020, 08:53 AM
Rob1972
If you have access to a blasting setup, shoot them with playground sand. Not the same as checkering/stippling, but a big improvement from polished.
September 25, 2020, 09:21 AM
smlsig
Would grip tape be an option?

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina
September 25, 2020, 10:23 AM
patw
I don't know of any but maybe a small company that does laser stippling/texturing might be able to do it.
September 26, 2020, 07:02 PM
limblessbiff
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I don't know of any but maybe a small company that does laser stippling/texturing might be able to do it.

That’s a great idea, there’s plenty of places that will do that too. I know of a local place to be called “black rose firearms” they will def. work with you
September 27, 2020, 10:34 AM
ruger357
There used to be someone on here I think that checkered sig factory grips. I have a set. I’m sure he could do it. Before you ruin those grips, offer up a trade in the classifieds.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor