SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    WHY did Kahr skip SHOT with this?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHY did Kahr skip SHOT with this? Login/Join 
posted
Some sort of tactical-marketing reason/s?
I just don't get it...not even a prototype?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDj-59sWckI

Posts: 378 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Really would help if you modified your subject line to cite "Kahr" instead of "they."

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wink

Posts: 378 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I’ve always gotten the impression that Kahr is very conservative and will not rush something to market without it being right which translates into this situation.

I love my CM9 and it’s an amazingly soft shooting little pocket 9mm with one of the smoothest stock triggers you ever felt.

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Uh oh. This may be the rare must have for me. Let me get my mad money in order

Posts: 5290 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Wow! Six minutes of video that could have been done in six seconds. If you got nothing to show, don't bullshit people with irrelevant crap. Wonder how much they paid him for shit like this. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Wow! Six minutes of video that could have been done in six seconds. If you got nothing to show, don't bullshit people with irrelevant crap. Wonder how much they paid him for shit like this. Roll Eyes
LOL

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3173 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
As someone who owns & likes his Kahr P9, my reaction is, "Double stack? Big f'ing deal. Double stacks existed when Kahr entered the market in 1995." Roll Eyes

For all the build-up & cock-teasing in that video, it'd have to be some kind of engineering magic like fitting 15 rounds in a Kahr the same size as a P365 to live up to the hype.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
it'd have to be some kind of engineering magic like fitting 15 rounds in a Kahr the same size as a P365 .

Enter Kel-Tec...P15.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictorLouis:
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
it'd have to be some kind of engineering magic like fitting 15 rounds in a Kahr the same size as a P365 .

Enter Kel-Tec...P15.

He said the same size as the P365. Wink

https://www.handgunhero.com/co...15-vs-sig-sauer-p365

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I like Kahr pistols but they are fast gonna need to develop a micro double stack 9mm akin to the P365 or fast become irrelevant.

Posts: 13789 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
A KelTec P15 is closer in size to a P365 XMacro than a P365. They're nearly identical height & length, though the P15 is significantly slimmer & lighter. The Macro's extra width affords it 17 rounds for a +2 advantage over the P15.

BTW, it's called the Macro, b/c it's no longer in micro territory.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

This ^^^
It's not the same ol Kahr, it's probably got innovative features like an optics cut. Roll Eyes Guy is a maroon.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys saved me 6 minutes of my life. I fast forwarded through the video stopping only when a gun appeared. So I saw a K9, that’s it.

Is that guy for real? He sounded like a crappy pro wrestler shilling firearms. What a goofball. Never watched him before, doubt I would start.

Posts: 7326 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the downsides of my K9 is the way it presents & pulls the round from the mag*, so hopefully they aren't just tossing a current slide on a new frame that presents the round the same. I have a very comfortable rubber grip on it that is fairly fat, so if they keep that profile on the frame/grip, I won't notice a change other than more bangs per mag.

*The justification of the way they do this is to keep the slide narrow. It works at that, but I have mags that randomly cause failures. Swap components & it won't follow parts, to the point that I only mark the body of the suspect mags, the rest of the parts have long been mixed with other mags. So it's either something with the feedlips that I can't see, or just a design weakness.

Posts: 3296 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I like videos like this and not sure I'll be subscribing to your channel.

Pedropcola hit the nail on the head with the pro wrestler remark.

Oh and about the Kahr. Congratulations they made a double stack gun? I don't mind Kahr's but they are decades late to the party.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped carrying my PM9 the day I picked up my P365.

It has been in the safe ever since.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I have a PM9 that works well for the size, but I can't see needing any more Kahrs.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9356 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
I stopped carrying my PM9 the day I picked up my P365.

It has been in the safe ever since.

How does the P365 trigger compare to the PM9?

I have the CM9 (based off PM9) and the trigger is classic Kahr, buttery smooth

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to have a K9. Great DAO trigger, that being said I could never shoot it as well as my 365. Sold it. Don’t miss it. The 365 owns this size segment in my mind.

Posts: 7326 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post