SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What holster for a 5" P220?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What holster for a 5" P220? Login/Join 
Picture of Tengoo
posted
Are there any commercial holsters available for a 5" P220 [10mm, if it matters.

I'd prefer something like a Safariland Level 2 duty holster, but they don't seem to have any. I've considered getting one for a 4.4" gun and cutting away the bottom, but that seems kinda buckshee.

Anyway...Kydex, preferably lined. Something that would go on a braced duty belt since the all-steel pistol is pretty heavy. Ideas? Suggestions?

Posts: 103 | Location: Just east of the Canadian Rockies | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
I know that Garrett Industries makes several models for a 5” 220. I’ve been very pleased with all mine from them.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 567 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Years ago Ted Blocker made a one of his "911" holsters for my P220 Match.

http://www.tedblockerholsters.com/belt-holsters.html

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rkentm:
I know that Garrett Industries makes several models for a 5” 220. I’ve been very pleased with all mine from them.

The 10mm P220 takes a slightly bigger holster than a .45 P220, with its beefed up slide and frame. I am also a big fan of Garrett Industries, but he does not list the 10mm in his gun list. You might give them a call, though. I have (and have had) his holsters for a 1911 Government, a SIG P220 .45, and a SIG P230. He used to offer a thumb break as well for SAO models, but does no longer.

Blade-Tech makes holsters for the 10mm, though they have never updated their gun list to reflect this. Call them. I have one of their Classic OWB holsters for my 10mm.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10777 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
I got a Black Rino Kydex for My Lispey FDE 10MM Scorpion. Not a duty rig. Link below.

https://blackrhinoconcealment....em-sigsauer-holster#

Reached out to Black Rino. Waiting on a call back. Will let you know.

Posts: 815 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lot of great holster makers. Some better than others. I like Tucker Gun Leather. Great quality & customer service.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
I actually have one and can attest they fit perfectly.

quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:

The 10mm P220 takes a slightly bigger holster than a .45 P220, with its beefed up slide and frame. I am also a big fan of Garrett Industries, but he does not list the 10mm in his gun list. You might give them a call, though. I have (and have had) his holsters for a 1911 Government, a SIG P220 .45, and a SIG P230. He used to offer a thumb break as well for SAO models, but does no longer.

Blade-Tech makes holsters for the 10mm, though they have never updated their gun list to reflect this. Call them. I have one of their Classic OWB holsters for my 10mm.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 567 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I actually have one and can attest they fit perfectly.

Did you tell them it was for a 10mm, or just order the .45 model? The extra thickness is in several thousands of an inch, so a "generously" made .45 could work, or one with plenty of adjustment.

Posts: 10777 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajp3jeh
posted Hide Post
J.M. Custom Kydex makes holsters for 5" P220s, with and without lights. I had Milt Sparks make a VM-2 (great IWB) for my 5" P220.

For a duty holster, it is very easy to modify the Safariland holsters for P220's with weapon mounted light. The holder indexes on the light and it is very easy to make the extra 0.6" you need for the 5" barrel.

AKA John E. Hearne

"Shoot deliberately" - Wyatt Earp
"Tache/psyche effect - a polite way of saying 'you suck.'" - GG
"The 8th Marines dominate an environment. You, with your pistol, merely exist." - GG
http://www.dvctargets.com - Promoting excellence and realisim in combative shooting.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Northern Mississippi | Registered: November 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post