SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recommend Glock 43X/48 Replacement Frame
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend Glock 43X/48 Replacement Frame Login/Join 
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted
I've got a G43 and want to upgrade it to a G43X/48 style Picatinny railed frame. Can anyone recommend one beyond factory Glock?

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3626 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Stumped the forum?

It appears that Icarus Precision is coming out with Glock, ZEV, and Taurus options on top of their SIG line. Hope these start production soon! Really hope they keep the A.C.E. 365 and just make the other pistols fit it.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3626 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Well it’s not the same as replacing a sig 365 frame. The sig fire control unit is the serialized part and designed to be moved from frame to frame. The frame is the serialized part on the GLOCK. With that said, my suggestion would be coldbore or boresight as a factory modified frame.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could be mistaken but I believe there used to be a Polymer80 G43 pattern frame that had an actual rail. The current version from them only has a single slot just like current production factory double-stack and railed 43X/48 Glock framss do. If you wish to go down this path you'll have to verify that 80% frames are still legal in your state.

EDIT: Or you can wait for this piece of current vaporware to become a reality:

https://www.vuurwapen.com/vuur...ed-frame-serialized/

Brought back to life in the forum HERE.

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Well it’s not the same as replacing a sig 365 frame. The sig fire control unit is the serialized part and designed to be moved from frame to frame. The frame is the serialized part on the GLOCK. With that said, my suggestion would be coldbore or boresight as a factory modified frame.

ETA: I read your post earlier and then came back a few hours later to reply and forgot about the rail part. Sorry.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post