SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock Overwatch precision?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock Overwatch precision? Login/Join 
posted
Lately there has been a lot of attention to Glock aftermarket trigger and how some are not actually drop safe two that are said safe are Apex and Overwatch precision, I like flat face triggers and already own Apex in the past but didn't like the feel of the trigger shoe. Overwatch is on the expensive side of triggers, is worth getting the Overwatch precision drop in trigger or should I just run stock trigger for a self defense handgun?

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Do people actually shoot 3 rounds at 7 m better with an aftermarket trigger vs OEM?

I get customizing and put smooth G17 triggers in my G19, but I fail to see the need to stray from OEM components.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Overwatch does have a polymer version for about half the cost if you want to experiment with it.

I went with a Johnny Glocks trigger shoe because I only wanted the shorter reach and the flat face felt awkward to me.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I use the Overwatch Precision Falx (curved) trigger on a G19, G26 and G21, all Gen 4.

My opinion is they are smoother and lighter than the OEM triggers. Less over travel also.

The shorter reach Overwatch Falx triggers offer is somewhat offset when using a large back strap, which I do. The trigger face seems more forgiving as to finger placement.

Works well for me and I believe the Falx trigger helps me shoot better at speed.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one in my G43 with their Glock oem minus connector that’s coated in NP3 and it’s the perfect trigger for a carry gun. Light but not too light and damn near no over travel or take up. And it’s silky smooth for a Glock

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Precision Overwatch uses stock glock OEM trigger bars, excepting that the bars are NP3 plated.

I have a couple of the Overwatch Precision flat triggers in Glocks, and I use their Falx trigger in my G43. I use it in the G43 because it's a considerable improvement over the factory serrated trigger. In most of my Glocks, I've simply replaced the trigger with a factory smooth trigger (eg, G17 trigger in the G19, G32, etc). That's not an option in the G43, so I went with the overwatch precision.

I have't tried the Apex in a Glock, though I've installed it in an M&P and liked the results.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I have eight Glocks with OP triggers in them, been using them for several years now without any issues. This includes a couple guns that get carried daily. The first one was the precursor to the OP DAT trigger when the company was still called GlockKraft.
I recommend the minus disconnector.
That said, the Gen5 triggers are really nice the way they are, however I'd still like a flatface on one if the need arose.

I also have one Apex trigger that works just fine. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either. The Apex aren't as pretty but cost less.

I did have an Agency Arms trigger but the trigger safety was easily defeated so I got rid of it.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the $35 VTAC (plastic) trigger shoe and the $35-42 Suarez (metal) flat trigger shoe. It goes on the stock bar so it doesnt change much but the face of the trigger. I still check engagement and havent discovered an issue.

The VTAC does have a slightly annoying tab on the trigger safety but I'm sure a second or two with a file would likely change it. The Suarez is great out of the box. I prefer the smooth trigger (G17 and new .5 19s ) for factory triggers.

I dont have any issue with putting non factory parts in a defensive handgun as long as they are properly installed and add or atleast dont detract from function.

I do avoid punisher/vigilante skulls and the like however. I have yet to see case law on night sights, triggers, barrels and the like.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
OP PolyDat on my 43 and 48. I was totally opposed to aftermarket triggers, before them.
A great upgrade.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post