SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Slide serrations ( poll )
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slide serrations ( poll ) Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
How about some chaotic serrations? Big Grin

When reading your range report I'm certain that you would have mentioned any problem if there had been one, but given the thread topic I'll ask here... have you had any problems manipulating the slide on that particular non-standard gun?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
When reading your range report I'm certain that you would have mentioned any problem if there had been one, but given the thread topic I'll ask here... have you had any problems manipulating the slide on that particular non-standard gun?

It actually provides great traction, due to (1) the crazy and different angled cuts and (2) the large surface area (the entire slide is essentially "serrated").

Q

Posts: 26443 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

It actually provides great traction, due to (1) the crazy and different angled cuts and (2) the large surface area (the entire slide is essentially "serrated").

Thanks! kinda figured that.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally never found front ones needed. i prefer they not be there. Some really like them. I must be in the minority because they've gained popularity by manufacturers.
My three Sigs have them.
So, most like'em.

Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Expanding upon "it depends...": I definitely want them in the back to improve grip during racking. On the front I can take 'em or leave 'em, but I marginally prefer not having them. In either event it's not something that's high on my list of determining factors, unless they're overly aggressive, too shallow or too relieved to be effective, of if they're fugly (like on the Sig Q posted).

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I spoke to that very same Idaho distributor, I opted for rear serrations only, and omitted the 45 ACP on the side of the gun.

Terrific gun, you will be happy either way you go.

Posts: 367 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Ruger P90 looks good w/o grippy things, but my bi-tone, Springfield XD 9mm has subtle grippies .

That I don't mind at all.

While researching serrations and guns , I found 7 different after market
Accessories that can be attached to guns to aid those with either grip strength wrist issues

and four other aids that do not attach perminatly.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54681 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post