SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hk P2000 & P30 question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hk P2000 & P30 question Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
I’m curious about something. I have a Hk45c that “points” perfectly for me. Grip size, angle, planet alignment… whatever it is it’s damn near perfect for my hands.

Would the P30 or P2000 be closest to replicating the grip of the 45c?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
P2000 if you like the hk45c grip. They are an updated and slimmer version of the square USP grip.

P30 has the new grip with the replaceable side panels and back strap. Feels more like the full size HK45, just smaller.

I sold my p30 but still have a VP9 which fits my hand perfectly. I’ve also got a p2000 that I like quite a bit. They are both excellent, just very different.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
P2000 if you like the hk45c grip. They are an updated and slimmer version of the square USP grip.

P30 has the new grip with the replaceable side panels and back strap. Feels more like the full size HK45, just smaller.

I sold my p30 but still have a VP9 which fits my hand perfectly. I’ve also got a p2000 that I like quite a bit. They are both excellent, just very different.

Thanks for that, I had a hunch it was the P2000 but wanted to hear from someone with personal experience.

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
HK45c is what I consider a .45 caliber P2000.

Keep in mind though the P2000 will feel smaller in your hand but beyond that they are very similar.

P30 feels totally different.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks for confirming fellas.

posted Hide Post
Another thing to think about, well at least it was for me, with the P2000/sk models with standard hammers, if you have a high grip and big hands, you might get hammer bite. It happened to me with both my P2000 and P2000sk. I bought them both prior to shooting the one I had and wound up selling both because of it. It was a shame because they are such nice guns. I have seen others remove some mass from the hammer or "bob it" but I was leery about doing that.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Another thing to think about, well at least it was for me, with the P2000/sk models with standard hammers, if you have a high grip and big hands, you might get hammer bite. It happened to me with both my P2000 and P2000sk. I bought them both prior to shooting the one I had and wound up selling both because of it. It was a shame because they are such nice guns. I have seen others remove some mass from the hammer or "bob it" but I was leery about doing that.

Good tip, thanks!

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Not the best images but here are some quick and dirty comparisons for you. My hands/fingers are not very large. I wear a large glove but my hands are probably on the smaller end of that. I put the extended/pinky finger mags in both as that is what will come stock, I normally run flat baseplates. 8 round mag in the .45, 12 round in the .40 (13 in the 9mm's)

Hope it helps.

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
And yes it’s a .40 GASP!!! I am however, through many years of grueling training at the hands of Tibetan monks able to to reign in its fierce recoil and only through the blessings of naked virgins bought and sold by HK’s sorcerers has the gun not blown up on me. Combined with it being DA/SA I might as well have walked out of the 12th century. Smile Razz

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:

Damn you must have some meathooks on ya. Smile. I’ll be honest, little jealous. Big Grin

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thank you for taking the time to do that Cslinger, that helps a lot. Definitely looks like I’d need to use the large back strap on a P2000, no biggie. The 45c is a chunky gal.Big Grin Kudos to you as well for being a hold out with the .40!

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am using the stock back straps on both so medium on the P2000 and I think it’s labeled small on the HK45C. It’s the one out of the box, the smaller of the two.

The large P2000 back strap is more of a rubber coated material then hard plastic. Feels great just a bit too big for me.