SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M17 Optic Mount Install
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M17 Optic Mount Install Login/Join 
posted
Okay, I've been playing around a bit with red dots. Can anyone guide me to installation instructions for a red dot on an older M17? I can see the screws under the bottom of the slide, but can't figure out how to get further. I stopped before damaging anything, and sought wise counsel.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Wouldn’t it be awesome if there was just one gun called the M17 by Sig and not several versions?

If it’s like mine, which has the black controls and the rear sight is a part of the optics plate, then you have to remove the plastic piece in the rear and take the firing pin assembly out. I had a had time getting mine to actually come out, but just kept messing with it until it finally came free.

Here’s a video.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take out the striker assembly and rear slide cap. Remove screws from bottom of the slide. TAKE EXTRA CARE ON NOT LETTING THE LCI go flying. It took me almost a year to get the missing LCI spring replaced.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which red dot are you trying to install?

Posts: 493 | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't decided yet. I wanted to make sure I had the skills available to complete the project before starting (a hard-won lesson.) I'm still not sure I'm going to do it, since the M17 is so similar to my 320 Full with optic.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post