SIGforum
Beretta 92 frankengun pair....

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6590063054

December 02, 2018, 08:34 PM
PGT
Beretta 92 frankengun pair....
After a year of sourcing parts, I finally took time to put these together this afternoon, including a full action tune to include stoned rails and polished feed strips. I used Beretta's new G-kits and Langdon Tactical's "trigger job in a bag" kits with PX4 hammers and 11lb main springs. The slides are stainless Vertec, meaning they're wider than normal and have front sight dovetails.

The grips are old Hogue/Beretta special editions modified to fit the oversized mag releases. I also used flat hammer spring caps. Trigger pull is just shy of 4lbs for DA and below 2lbs for SA. The LTT kits have polished Wilson Combat trigger bars which change the pivot points while retaining hammer travel. Should be fine for US-source brass ammo but LTT sells different weight main springs to tune as needed.

December 02, 2018, 08:37 PM
RHINOWSO
1 word.

SWEET!!!!!!!
December 02, 2018, 08:53 PM
Redhookbklyn
Beautiful, PGT!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

December 02, 2018, 09:14 PM
SigFan
What a beautiful pair you've got there! Double Trouble. Are you going to put them in a double rig? A nice New York reload style perhaps? In any case, those are super nice Berettas.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)
December 02, 2018, 09:37 PM
Tooky13
Gorgeous build on those two PGT. Very well done!!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln
December 02, 2018, 09:37 PM
hapevo
I've been on the fence for a while about getting a 92. I have fallen over now, thank you Wink

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown
December 02, 2018, 09:51 PM
nhracecraft
Elite PGT... Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
December 02, 2018, 09:58 PM
SevenPlusOne
Those belong in a John Woo movie.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"
December 02, 2018, 11:13 PM
LincolnSixEcho
You are the Beretta master PGT!
December 02, 2018, 11:32 PM
1KPerDay
Super cool. 4lbs DA is almost beyond belief. Have you shot them yet? I had a failure to fire with my 92 Brig with a 13 Lb main spring. Had none before I tried a lower spring. Is there a trick to getting reliable ignition with an 11 Lb spring?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.
December 03, 2018, 05:42 AM
Bill-in-Texas
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
Those belong in a John Woo movie.

I had to look up John Woo... I was thinking along the same lines but, Baz Luhrmann’s 1996 “Romeo & Juliet” comes to mind. Very slick adaptation of Shakespeare’s best with Berettas being a prominent feature.

Very cool pistols, sir!

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family
December 03, 2018, 06:16 AM
Oz_Shadow
Why stone the rails? My last Beretta (years ago) had very slick action due to what I thought was the Bruniton finish.
December 03, 2018, 06:30 AM
PGT
visible tooling marks on these slides. One of the reasons I went with SS....nothing feels better than a factory Elite II which had a factory fluff and buff job on the slide rails
December 03, 2018, 09:07 AM
molachi
Beautiful build on those Berettas.
December 03, 2018, 09:13 AM
357fuzz
Man those pistols are sharp!!!! Very nice work.
December 04, 2018, 12:23 AM
Lord Vaalic
Your Berettas are always beautiful and these are no exception. Nice pair of shooters!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
December 04, 2018, 06:41 AM
DSgrouse
gah... between these 2 and your other franken gun i am jealous cubed.
December 04, 2018, 08:51 AM
DaBigBR
Those are really neat!
December 04, 2018, 09:37 AM
beretta-neo
Very nice!!!
December 04, 2018, 10:55 AM
Tusk
Nice work or sure. Just a point of order but Vertec slides are taller, not wider. Brigadier slides are wider but the Vertec’s are the same width as the 92/M9 series.