SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which Glock should I buy?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Glock should I buy? Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’ve replaced all my Glock 9mm’s with Gen 5 ‘s, I do like there triggers
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I like the gen 5 guns as the trigger seems smoother. It is hard to decide which to get.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I like the gen 5 guns as the trigger seems smoother. It is hard to decide which to get.

Don't forget you can drop a G17 smooth trigger into a Gen 4 G19. I've done it to all mine with an OEM (-) connector and they are very nice triggers (for Glocks).

I do like the Gen5 G45, but until the G19 Gen5 gets rid of the cutout on the front of the grip, I'll keep on keeping on with my Gen 4s.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G26.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
G26 in the generation of your choice.

If I had to choose one gun for the rest of my life, my gen3 G26 would be at the top of my list.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex35
posted Hide Post
G26 hands down. I find my G42 to be snappy. Out of all my Glocks I find I soot my G26 the best. I like the fact that G17 And G19 mags also work just fine in the G26.

Posts: 187 | Registered: February 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just purchased the new G48 and I am just loving it. Basically, it's a thin G19 while still holding 10 rounds. I just don't like these small sub compacts, and compacts are typically to "fat", but the G48 is compact size and very thin. Not being a LEO or security person, 10 +1 is more than enough for my purposes and the full grip allows for a full purchase with a 4" barrel optimizing cartridge performance. Stuffed with Buffalo Bore 124 grain +P's, it a winner in my book.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the 26. It shares mags with the 45 so that's a plus there.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd consider a 26. I have carried one on my ankle in a Galco ankle glove for fifteen or so years now. I've got a factory plus two mag. It's small grip makes it very easy to conceal and thirteen rounds of 9mm ain't nothing to sneeze at for a BUG.

I still carry my CZ P01 as my primary IWB. Cool

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As several have said, I, too, shoot the G26 better than my other Glocks (~15-20 yards). I always thought that to be odd.

It's the only model I have two of...

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Rigby,

I don't know what you have now. The guns your looking at seem to be carry oriented. That being the case, if I had to pick a Glock right now, or would be a 19 Gen 5 MOS. Any issues the Gen 5 might have had, the MOS cleans up, and it has all of the 19's huge flexibility.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alex35:
G26 hands down. I find my G42 to be snappy. Out of all my Glocks I find I soot my G26 the best. I like the fact that G17 And G19 mags also work just fine in the G26.

42 or 43?

Shooting a 42 is like running a stapler.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Of the three the G26 would be my choice as well. No doubt the G43X and G48 are slenderer than the double stacks, and for some that can make a difference. But the added grip height brings either right into G19 range and if you're already there why not a G19? So if "small" is important for the purposes of concealed carry then the most 'fitting' choice to me is the G26. And your G45 mags can be put to use to boot.

However if it were up to ME I'd shuck all of this 9mm nonsense and get a G20 G4. Go big or go home I say... Big Grin

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the past few weeks I’ve been on a g26 kick. My g26 was in another town since I moved and I hadn’t had my hands on it for about a year, truth be told, I actually forgot it was in the fun case I had left with my buddy. It was a nice surprise to unlock the case and see the 1/2 dozen guns I’d been away from for the past year.

I instantly went for the g26 and it’s been doing cc duty, truck duty and night stand duty Vince I got it back, it’s hard for me to find a complaint about it.

I guess if I had one piece of criticism it would be that the 12 round mags pinch me. Dosent matter though as I like the 10rd better.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Living in Maryland, we won't be able to get the G43x or G48 until mid-summer, they have to be "officially approved" first.
The only Glocks I have are two G43's, had others but I really like the single stack ones.
I did get to handle both at a shop in PA and I will be getting a 48 when available here.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G26 of those choices

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
The 26 will take the 45 mags. If I was sticking with a 365 for my carry I think I'd go 26 of the options you presented.

This

I like the 43x and 48 but mag interchangibility would trump for me.

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 with an RMR is a reliable unit that puts the shot where you want it.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did some looking around, I think I'm going to get a 48. I didn't realize GLock had actually come out and made a single stack g19 size pistol. I just havn't been in the pistol gae for a bit I guess.

My wife has the g43 and its a nice gun so Im imagining the 48 will just be a bigger version of that which sounds awesome.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sure love my G26

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
I did some looking around, I think I'm going to get a 48. I didn't realize GLock had actually come out and made a single stack g19 size pistol. I just havn't been in the pistol gae for a bit I guess.

My wife has the g43 and its a nice gun so Im imagining the 48 will just be a bigger version of that which sounds awesome.

It’s about 3/4” longer at the grip, same with the slide.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post