SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X-five TXG module and grip size question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X-five TXG module and grip size question Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
I’m considering changing the grip module on my “standard” X-five, an early one, to the TXG module. It appears the module has three grip sizes, small, medium and large.

Does anyone know what grip size the standard module corresponds to? I’d prefer a smaller grip size than the standard module.

I’m guessing the standard, original grip module has a “medium” grip size.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I would guess that as well but I would try to use the chat feature on SIG's website to ask the question. Just to see if they know.

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outside of the X-Five DH3, every grip module I've ever owned or seen has been Medium from the factory. If you look at the bottom of the backstrap on your current module you should see a S, M, or L for Small / Medium / Large.

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I had a subcompact P320 that came with a small. Other than that, every other one I've seen has come from the factory with a medium and you have to buy the other sizes separately if you want them.

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SigWolf - When I purchased my X5 grip unit SIG only offered the X5 grip module in the “Medium” grip size. In looking at the SIG site I do not see the grip being offered in small or large - but - I could be looking at the wrong page on their site.

https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-...module-assembly.html

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also - From the SIG site related to using the X5 TXG grip module -

The X-Series Grip Modules will only fit new style magazines with the circular SIG SAUER logo and square locking tab on the bottom of the basepad. Mags marked “SIG SAUER” with circular locking tabs require modification to properly fit

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I was looking at the questions in that listing and they posted a link to a small size TXG frame there.

TXG XSERIES FULL SIZE SMALL GRIP MODULE (MAGWELL & WEIGHT COMPATIBLE) - GREY 4.7

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paten - Thank you Sir - I missed that - sorry for my incorrect posting detail SigWolf and Paten.

I have asked SIG on their sight if this grip module will accept the current magwell and weight system since this unit does not come with either. Anxious to see what they say.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ah3:
Outside of the X-Five DH3, every grip module I've ever owned or seen has been Medium from the factory. If you look at the bottom of the backstrap on your current module you should see a S, M, or L for Small / Medium / Large.

I had not noticed that. I'll take a look.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
SigWolf - When I purchased my X5 grip unit SIG only offered the X5 grip module in the “Medium” grip size. In looking at the SIG site I do not see the grip being offered in small or large - but - I could be looking at the wrong page on their site.

https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-...module-assembly.html

This is the one I was initially looking at and the module has a selection for color and size.

TXG Grip module

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Also - From the SIG site related to using the X5 TXG grip module -

The X-Series Grip Modules will only fit new style magazines with the circular SIG SAUER logo and square locking tab on the bottom of the basepad. Mags marked “SIG SAUER” with circular locking tabs require modification to properly fit

I did notice this and checked my mags. All of them are compatible.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ah3:

Thanks for this. I hadn't notice this before, but found it and it is an "M", so Medium.

posted Hide Post
I have a small TXG Legion module. I was on the waiting list for a long time and jumped on it when it became available. Then I had to buy the gun to go with it, all of which come with Medium modules.

The DH3 has a small grip from the factory. I didn't know that until I saw one in person so instead it would have been easier to just buy the DH3, except it's brown, and I don't like brown guns.

The difference between small and medium is just the front to back length and backstrap, width and front strap are the same.

Posts: 4724 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post