SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 Login/Join 
posted
If you had a choice would you buy the new Standard of Target model?

Posts: 4 | Registered: October 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Target model, then put the non-Target grips on.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Target model, then put the non-Target grips on.

Agreed. Worth it for the adjustable sights.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My standard 210 has a nice clean sight that can be adjusted just fine. Perhaps a little more difficult than one with screws for changes. But, how often do you adjust the sights? I have found that once the sights work for me I never adjust them again.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I have a standard P210A and I'm very happy with it. I don't have a need for the target model.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
My standard 210 has a nice clean sight that can be adjusted just fine. Perhaps a little more difficult than one with screws for changes. But, how often do you adjust the sights? I have found that once the sights work for me I never adjust them again.

I was leaning toward just this.

Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
I had both versions. I didn't like the feel/fit of the Target grips, so I tried non-Target grips on it. I found that I was happier with the Standard model sights, so I sold the Target model to a member here. Hope he likes it. I have not received any feedback from him.
Try both. See how they feel in your hand. Then look at the sights and decide from there.
I shoot at the range for fun and find that when I have the option to toy with things, the tweaking takes away from the fun. Plus, my eyes just see the sights on the standard model better.

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1232 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You'll notice a subtle design difference between the 2 models, specifically around the serrations, to accommodate the different rear sight styles. The Target model more closely resembles the original design of the P49.

I admit this is a mere aesthetic thing, but I prefer the design of the slide on the Standard. I think the Standard, while simpler, is one of the best looking pistols recently made, if not the best. I'm not sure if nuSig intended to achieve any degree of artistry here, but I give them credit for the outcome nonetheless.

Regarding the sights, while I can appreciate how some folks prefer adjustable sights, I agree with others here that adjustable sights generally are not as advantageous as they may seem. "Non-adjustable" pistol sights can be adjusted--even outside of a shop at the range--with proper tools (I use a MGW) and, once properly set/sighted, you should be good to go. Even with a pistol of this level of accuracy, tweaking adjustable sights on a handgun won't gain much for an average shooter. Also, FWIW, the sights on my Standard were dead on out of the box.

As far as the grips are concerned, they are readily interchangeable.

Happiness is a warm gun.

Posts: 444 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I did what Q mentions. My favorite rear sights are the Bomars. So the 210A adjustable sights, that provide a similar sight picture, are preferable to me. Some pistols, whether with fixed or adjustable sights, may not shoot to one's preferred POI as received. The factory does not know what sight picture the buyer will use, the shooter's vision, grip, trigger control, stance, ammunition, distance to target, etc. Yet many shooters seem to believe that the factory has somehow installed sights that can accommodate all the variables I mentioned, and their new pistol will, or should, shoot to their preferred POI. I don't always use the same ammunition I sighted the gun in with, sometimes years before, and have seen 3"+ change in POI as close as 15-25 yards. So, the adjustables on my guns do get some adjustments.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the Target because it's just a range gun for me and I love the grips.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I went with the Standard, thinking I'd likely carry it at some point. I didn't have to adjust any sights, as it's spot on with anything I've stuffed in it out to 25yds, all being factory loads.

Picked up a sweet Milt Sparks holster and mag pouch to carry it with. I didn't care for the Target grips and only need adjustable sights for pure paper punchers.

I've read somewhere they stopped making the Standard, so if you want one, I'd track one down.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all your opinions Guy's. I pulled the trigger on the Standard model this AM. Unfortunately I'll have to wait 3 days for the NICS check before I can bring it home. Thanks NJ!!