SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P356 / P365XL striker.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P356 / P365XL striker. Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
Seems the current iteration of the striker, at least in the XL, has a chisel point rather than a rounded pointed one. The part number for the complete striker assembly is KIT-365-STRIKER. Something to do with eliminating primer drag so I think there should have been some sort of announcement and part number change. Has anyone seen info from Sig?

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
SIG rarely makes ANY announcements re: part number and/or product design changes. I seriously doubt you'll see ANYTHING from SIG on this.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No part number changes. Just luck of the draw. Took me forever to find a P365 and P365XL with all of the updates back in 2019. Striker, extractor, endplate retaining parts, etc. Most had some but not all of the updates, randomly of course.

Posts: 4725 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Striker drag was an early reported issue in P365s, what accompanied that was another separate issue with the MIM strikers having a few failures. They are unrelated, as more participated in examining their firearms, they found a lot of other guns in their collection had striker drag, too, dating back decades. It's not a serious problem, it's common.

Changing the design to reduce it doesn't merit an announcement to the press. Striker drag didn't break the strikers. SIG changing it will likely get a few less Customer Service calls that won't require installing a new striker to soothe someone's feelings. There certainly wasn't any full court press on their part to redesign it - there's already over a million 365's out there. It's a running change just like the thousands that happen in the model year of any car or truck on the assembly line.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
Striker drag was an early reported issue in P365s, what accompanied that was another separate issue with the MIM strikers having a few failures. They are unrelated, as more participated in examining their firearms, they found a lot of other guns in their collection had striker drag, too, dating back decades. It's not a serious problem, it's common.

Changing the design to reduce it doesn't merit an announcement to the press. Striker drag didn't break the strikers. SIG changing it will likely get a few less Customer Service calls that won't require installing a new striker to soothe someone's feelings. There certainly wasn't any full court press on their part to redesign it - there's already over a million 365's out there. It's a running change just like the thousands that happen in the model year of any car or truck on the assembly line.

Thanks. I pretty much get all of that. However, if ordering a replacement part, I'd like to know I'm getting the latest design. I don't feel that's too much to ask.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post