SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which P226 9mm mags to buy?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which P226 9mm mags to buy? Login/Join 
posted
Good morning everyone. I just purchased a German Sig P226 in 9mm. And could my fellow members please recommend which additional mags I should buy? It’s my first 226 in years. And I need way more than the 2 it came with. So. What does the forum like for high capacity mags. Thank you.

Posts: 624 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26395 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Mec-Gar make great mags for all the Euro brands and are as good as anything on the market.

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Mec-Gar and call it a day.

18-rounder: https://gregcotellc.com/cart/s...p22618afc-p-614.html

This is my preferred mag, flush fit 18 RNDS.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mec-Gar 18 round flush fit are my preferred mag for the 226.

Posts: 229 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gas226
posted Hide Post
Mecgar 100% reliable and not overpriced. PS they are were or still are also am OEM sor sig so quality is great.

Posts: 432 | Location: Miami | Registered: August 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
DOGPILE!!!!

Yes, anything that has mec-gar stamped on it.
I would venture to say that goes for nearly any semi auto pistol out there.

Posts: 6307 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Mec-Gar gets it right the overwhelming majority of the time (though many P227 owners with their problematic extended 14rd mags might choose to disagree).

The 18rd mags have been G-T-G for me.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And check GunMagWarehouse for used magazines. Not long ago they had used 226 mags for $18. The ones I bought all work great.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Mec-Gar and call it a day.

18-rounder: https://gregcotellc.com/cart/s...p22618afc-p-614.html

20-rounder: https://gregcotellc.com/cart/s...22620dps-p-2121.html

Add me to the dogpile. I have a dozen of the Mec-Gar 18 and 20 rounders, all purchased from Greg Cote. Never a problem with any of them, even after long days of dropping them in the dirt in training classes.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5283 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mec-Gar 18 rounders is all I use in my Sig and Berettas.

Posts: 95 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: July 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To follow the crowd MecGar, what many don't realize is that when they buy the overpriced factory mags, Mecgar is the OEM. Convinced a friend that when he was buying expensive mags for his Witness .45, told him Mec makes them, the only difference is the factory mags have the company's stamp.

Posts: 95 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Personal preference but I’d avoid USA branded mags. The Mec-Gar is rock solid as a brand.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Don't even complicate it by worrying what not to buy. Just get MecGar unless you happen to find a screaming deal on factory mags - as in, a better deal than the MecGars.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Mec-Gar all the way! Has anyone tried the plus 1 adapter for the 18 round mags yet?

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mec Gar.

Posts: 159 | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for the replies. Mec-Gar it is.

Posts: 624 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post