SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    DW Pointman Carry 9mm & Vigil CCO .45 Range Report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DW Pointman Carry 9mm & Vigil CCO .45 Range Report Login/Join 
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted
Excuse crappy pics.

Really like the CCO configuration.

Both weapons have excellent fit and function as one would expect of Dan Wesson products.

The PM-C 9 was purchased used. Original owner stated 300 put through it. I put 215 today. No issues with Winchester NATO 124gr, Winchester Ranger-T 124gr, and Federal HST 147gr. All standard pressure (I know the "NATO" is supposed to be hotter). Excellent trigger, recoil negligible and accurate (indoor range, fired 7 to 15 yds). An excellent 1911 for carry.

I really would prefer a green FO sight over the red, maybe a future change. The 147gr HST was more accurate than the 124gr Ranger-T (wasn't expecting that).

I purchased this new recently but is a 2018 manufacture. Given its lightweight frame and .45 cal fodder this DW's recoil was a bit stouter but did not bother me at all. 210 rounds today. No issues feeding, ejecting, etc. Sellier & Bellot 230gr hardball (SB45A-this stuff is dirty) but I was choking with all the smoke. Given the dirty ammo I was very pleased that no issues cropped up with such a tight gun. Also fired five rounds apiece of Speer 230gr Gold Dot and SIG 200gr V-Crown with no issues. Trigger is excellent (not as good as PM-C but it is a new gun so I'll give it time), accurate (even with the SB crap), and recoil was less than I expected.

I am happy.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been very happy with my Dan Wessons. My favorite, thus far, is the CCO, with it's lightweight, officer length frame, and commander length slide.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of 9mm Valor’s. Could you be happier. Thanks for the pics. Nice pair.

Posts: 7490 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a 9mm Valkyrie Commander I really like. It’s very accurate, nice small groups. But POI is very high compared to POA, so I need to get off my butt and change out for a taller front sight.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post