SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Holster Suggestions Please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holster Suggestions Please Login/Join 
posted
Just bought a Sig 229 legion SAO. I did get order the Sig holster for it but really wanted one with a moisture barrier between the gun and my skin. It is harder than I thought to find for this one. The hammer safety gets I. The way. Why are you using if you have this model?

Posts: 1 | Registered: June 25, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did get order the Sig holster for it but really wanted one with a moisture barrier between the gun and my skin.

I don't understand. Isn't that what a holster is supposed to do? Or are you referring to an upward extension of the holster that covers the back side of the gun which is against your skin?

Having said that, holsters made of plastic are 100% non-porous and impervious to moisture. In leather, horsehide is a close second.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but check out https://rgrizzleleather.com/index.html. Ryan is a member here. I have two of his Holsters for the 229 and they are second to none.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.highnoonholsters.com

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post