SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Llama.380. 1942 production.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Llama.380. 1942 production. Login/Join 
posted
A 1942 production Llama .380

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGINT-228
posted Hide Post
Nice "Llooking"! Big Grin

------------------------------------------------------------
“Come on you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?” Sergeant Major Dan Daly (USMC)

Posts: 1097 | Registered: August 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! Have you shot it? How does it shoot?

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes, Spanish pistols- the crapshoot of the handgun world. Some are fine, others...are not.

Your Llama .380 appears to be of higher quality than later versions of this pistol.

It's rather surprising to see a commercial pistol built during WWII. Then again, Spain stayed away from the party for the most part.

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking pistol.

The one and only time I shot one (belonged to a friend), it left such an impression on me that I still have the scar. No, really...worst hammer-bite ever...nice line scar on the web of my right hand.

But still, I think they are neat little pistols. Just need a beavertail. Smile

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta love a 7/8 scale 1911 in .380

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
I have a IIIA Series 2 variation 1, no idea of production date but I figure late 60's early 70's. Bought it for a song when I needed a smaller gun to fit in a console of a new car. Its car duty is split with 2 other Spaniards, a Star Firestar M43 and its bigger brother the M45.

Its in great shape, well made and never had any issues shooting. One of the most accurate .380's I've owned.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The lanyard ring and medal in our photo seem to denote military service. What country?

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have two(2) Llama 380s from the early 1970s. I used to shoot them a fair amount, but stopped for some unknown reason. I never fed mine anything but FMJRN ammo, and they both have performed as I wanted/expected. I have heard that the later guns were a "hit and miss" on dependability.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pistol is commercial. As far as i can tell all of the early ones had the lanyard. Some of the model 1 and 2 were sold to Geco in WW2 for private sales. The medal is not related. It is a Baltic Cross issued to German soldiers who fought in the Baltic states after WW1.

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post