SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Help with p320 mags issue…
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with p320 mags issue… Login/Join 
posted
Friends

I currently have 20ish 15 round mags for p320 (9mm).

I would like to use these in guns that accept 17 round magazines.

Best solution to make the body longer?

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2507 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:
Friends

There really isn’t a practical way to lengthen mag bodies.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Friends

I was thinking more of an extended floor plate switch?

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2507 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
The lips on the magazine body that the floorplates slide onto prevent you from using shorter magazines in longer grips. What you want to do is impossible.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Friends

I was thinking more of an extended floor plate switch?

The problem is that the top of the extended floorplate hits the bottom of the grip frame and that prevent inserting the mag any farther. The extensions slide over the lip at the bottom the the mag body, and are wider than the mag body itself, just like the standard floorplate. If you have a grip frame sized for 17 round mags, the top of the mag extension for a 15 rounder will stop the mag from going in deep enough, regardless of how many extra rounds the extension holds. If you want to use 15 round mags, you need a grip frame sized for them. Just buy a compact grip frame.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy a compact grip frame.

Otherwise you may propose a swap in the classifieds and get somebody to trade you 17s for 15s.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Buy a compact grip frame.

Otherwise you may propose a swap in the classifieds and get somebody to trade you 17s for 15s.

This. DaBigBR hit the nail on the head.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went ahead and bought 21 round mags for m full size models. They don't cost a whole lot more, and they don't stick out too far. For me, they're just right.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Change the grip or trade the mags, you can't put a shorter mag into a grip that requires longer mags.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post