SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig AXG grip module question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig AXG grip module question Login/Join 
posted
I haven't been using my 320's for awhile. In fact, I sold a couple of them due to inactivity. Well, I saw Sig was having a sale on their AXG alloy grip modules. Specifically the Carry size in FDE with black/grey grip panels. Not a great sale but a hundred bucks off is a hundred bucks off.

It came today. It looks really good. The grip panels in black/grey are outstanding. I am normally not a fan of layered G10 but it is done very well on this one. I have a spare slide in FDE that I bought as a complete gun years ago but I swapped out to a Pro Cut slide to mount a DPP. Well I can tell you that Sig the company has redefined the color of FDE. It is not even close to a match. In fact the two together are a little nausea inducing. So instead I mounted a black slide, threaded with suppressor height sights and an extended 21 round mag. Yum. Looks good and feels fantastic in the hand.

So here is my question. I tried 3 of my fcu's to get one to work. The first two have a flat trigger. It has been awhile so I think they are Grayguns flat trigger. Neither of them installed will function. They either won't break the sear at all or if they do it is very sluggish and the trigger won't reset. The one I got to work has a curved trigger which I am assuming is stock but it could be GG as well. All have had the upgrade.

What is the problem? I think I have the stock triggers somewhere but I really like the flat trigger in the 320, any solutions here?

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
Luckilly its a super easy fix. Its one of the finicky things when reassembling a P320.

So rather than try to explain it, this 2 min YouTube video will get you sorted for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfFpQ_0GQpY

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3173 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
While that video is legit (it's a safety feature built into the design of the P320 to protect people who do stupid stuff, like pointing the gun at their hand and pulling the trigger like the guy in the video did), it doesn't sound like the problem pedro is having. He said it's sometimes engaging the sear (which it wouldn't do at all if he'd failed to actuate the slide catch lever), but it's sluggish.

I don't have an AXG grip module to test, but my guess is that either the part of the trigger that engages the trigger bar,or the trigger bar itself is rubbing against the side of the grip module. I'd sharpie it and see if it's getting rubbed off anywhere to confirm. I've never had this problem with a 320, but I have seen it on a P365, so it wouldn't surprise me at all of that's what's happening, especially if you're using non-factory parts. If that's what the problem is, I'd probably just polish that area of the offending part a bit until there's no more interference.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 92fstech,

Posts: 8666 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post