SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is there a "safe date" for P365 manufacture?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a "safe date" for P365 manufacture? Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by isthatasiginyourpocket:

I'm not going to get into a pissing match whether or not this pistol is reliable. I thought I'd add my experience to help give an overall picture of the performance of the 365.

And there are those of us who appreciate it. I like the P365 a lot but before I buy one I want to make sure it has the kinks worked out.

I know that problems can get blown out of proportion online but it doesn't feel like that is the case here. I don't know how many members own P365s here but it can't be all that many and there seem to be a lot of issues with the gun from members here. Not that members heard about or read about. Issues that our own members have had. In addition I have seen videos of failures that match what our own members have experienced.

I will keep watching and hope that things smooth out for Sig and the P365. When they do I will be looking at buying one myself.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985: My P365 resides with Sig at the moment as they fix the problem.

What is the factory "fix"? Do they just hook the spring back in the FCU? Put a new longer/shorter spring in its place?

I can't answer the question, but I do know of one P365 owner who had his trigger go dead twice, the second time after sending it back to SIG for repair.

So whatever SIG did to "fix" it, did not fix it.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
I bought one with a build date of 6/14/2018. Through 320 rounds of FMJ, JHP, and reloaded ammunition, it has functioned fine. The trigger is not what I expected, and I prefer the one on my Glock 43, at least so far. It might be that the 365 trigger will smooth out some the more it is shot. That said, I like the P365, particularly the magazine capacity and small size of the pistol.

When and if I can get 650 rounds successfully through it, which is the same round count as that of my G43, I will start directly comparing the two to see which I like better. If it turns out the P365 gets the nod, I am still going to wait a few more months before carrying it. Perhaps sometime next year, it will become clear whether or not the P365 will be subject to a recall or upgrade from Sig.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
"too many posts by malcontented obsessive-compulsive collector types who refuse to accept the practical limitations of this highly innovative microcompact"

Love it !! 1800 rounds and not a single issue all with my reloads.

you love that? I think it's ridiculous that Sig and their proxies say a gun of this size "limitations" but other manufacturers seem to create reliable guns in this size without issue.

Sounds like an excuse to be a subperfomer.

I don't have any issues with mine, And I have passed the 2000 round mark. I'm not hearing about issues with later builds, only the earlier ones.
With anything mass produced your going to have a small percentage that have defects, and they have made changes/ updates and have done warranty work to make it right. thinking that every pistol will work 100 % for everyone all the time with hundreds or different ammo and conditions is a dream not a reality.
You have to vet it yourself and have confidence in what you carry.

If you don't like it carry a glock 43 or whatever you would like. beating sig up when they are trying to provide us with an amazing 12+1 mini compact pistol is crazy to to me, but that's just my opinion. I guess they could just focus on military and law enforcement contracts and leave us out of equation.

Reading other post you have made you seem to have a real disdain for sig in general, I could be wrong but if you hate the pistol or company so much why are you here? I mean the days for having the triple ser# number folded slides are over and them spending years testing every possible condition is never going to happen.

If I take my gun out and it breaks I will simply send it back and have them fix it and keep shooting . Will I loose confidence in it? NO! I look at it this way, the chances of me being in a shootout and have my pistol fail are truly astronomical.
For me I'm just happy they put one on the market with the great feel and capacity.

If anyone thinks a manufacture is going to get on a forum and admit they had some issues with early production models and open themselves up to a possible law suit, well your dreaming.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XLT,

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Mid March and my early July are now, and always have been, good to go.
Is there some reason you are waiting?

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

If anyone thinks a manufacture is going to get on a forum and admit they had some issues with early production models and open themselves up to a possible law suit, well your dreaming.

Springfield recalled the XD-S so fast when the first hint of an issue surfaced on the Internet that it hadn't even figured out how to correct the problem by the time customers returned their guns on Springfield's dime.

Posts: 201 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: August 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cheyenne:
quote:

Springfield recalled the XD-S so fast when the first hint of an issue surfaced on the Internet that it hadn't even figured out how to correct the problem by the time customers returned their guns on Springfield's dime.

Recall is one thing and I'm glad they did that but going on a forum and admitting there is a problem to gun enthusiast is another. I thought I read somewhere that sig stopped production of the 365?? but that just goes to show you that lots of gun makers are quick to get things to market. anymore it's just the way of the world on a high production mass produced weapon. I heard somewhere that they are producing like 500 a day.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I will keep watching and hope that things smooth out for Sig and the P365. When they do I will be looking at buying one myself.
Yeah maybe by next spring I'll buy one for a potential summer '19 CCW.

But if not the G43 or G19 will continue to do just fine.

I'm sure that makes me a fanboi / hater / something or other, when in reality I just like reliable, accurate, quality firearms.

If that makes me wrong, I don't wantabee right! Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
the fact that this is a question is pretty much what i needed to know

to each his own

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received my P365 back from SIG. (It had a May build date, but I was on a waiting list at my LGS and only got it about three weeks ago.) SIG returned it after exactly two weeks, with a note indicating that they replaced the extractor spring. At this point, I'm cautiously optimistic, as I've now fired 200 rounds with no more failures to extract. Ammo included 115 gr. WWB and Blazer brass.

Before SIG sent a shipping label for it's return, I'd fired 650 rounds through it, averaging about one FTE per 50 rounds. I finally decided that it wasn't going to improve after two FTEs in the last box of ammo I shot, which was 124 gr Blazer Brass.

Posts: 79 | Location: Wooster, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not hearing about issues with later builds, only the earlier ones.

You keep saying that, and yet people continue to post with June and later models...but sometimes people only hear what they want to hear.

We've been told on this very site that if we see, report, hear about, or have any connection with P365 problems we're what amounts to a basket of deplorables, malcontents, and misfits. We keep hearing from some that these problems that are being reported first-hand by forum members aren't really occurring...they're all second hand reports from some other place, being parroted here...and yet we hear it from the horses mouth...those who are having the malfunction. Including in this thread.

It's quite a statistical improbability that if a tiny fraction of the pistols are experiencing these issues, so many of those experiencing the problems are actually here. What are the odds?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
It's quite a statistical improbability that if a tiny fraction of the pistols are experiencing these issues, so many of those experiencing the problems are actually here. What are the odds?

I've kind of wondered that. I guess it's possible that Sigforum has a higher percentage of early adopters and enthusiastic shooters that knew about and purchased the P365 right away and got a disproportionate number of the problem pistols.

I have no way of counting the number of individuals members that have reported firsthand on problems, but we also have no way of knowing the total number of 365s owned by members.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
I've stated before that I have a very early Gen 1 P365 which was manufactured in 01/2018.

It has 1450 rounds through it with no issues at all. It did go through the first round of "upgrades" when I sent it in to get the sights replaced.

I've still decided to list it for sale on another forum because I decided not to trust it for carry purposes which makes it expendable.

To me the issues seemed very random so I don't think it's a date thing.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I thought about creating a new thread since this one is old, but here goes. I purchased my 365 in January 2019, and it has a 23 November 2018 build date. I thought all the issues had been fixed by this build date. However, I had issues with it from the start, mainly failures to fire and return to battery. Many ammo types, and 4 different magazines. So I put it aside and carried other pistols for the past year, often my wife's G43. She fusses at me for carrying her gun, but I digress. I got busy and it just sat in the safe. Anyway, fast forward to last week. I called Sig, got an RMA, and they sent me a FedEx label. Once they got the pistol (Tuesday of this week), they turned it around in ONE day. I just took delivery a few minutes ago. They replaced the barrel and recoil spring. They test fired blazer 124 gr FMJ and gold dot 115 gr with no failures. I'm looking forward to firing it this weekend and carrying it. I'll update when I have some results.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
There is an individual reporting (on another gun website) that his brand new January 20, 2020 build P365 striker tip broke off within the first couple of rounds. Pictures were posted. This was the "new" style angled tip striker.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
June 25th, 2019 build here and no problems to report. It was broken in with 300 rounds of 9mm NATO, and has digested an assortment of approximately 1,200 rounds of a mix including brass/steel case, JHP/FMJ ammo since.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you buy a 365, eventually you will die.

There sure is a lot of foolish worry about an issue that is statistically insignificant.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Just bought my second one, 09/2019 birthdate.
Two tone, plain sights, one extended 10 round mag for $399.00 @ Cabelas.

I always replace sights with Trijicons and I bought 7 extended round mags a while ago, so good deal for me.

New 365 is super tight fit, immaculate finish, nice trigger, and incredibly accurate and reliable.
It rides in a sticky holster and I don't even feel it.
I think current Mfg. is awesome!

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by reginaldcrumpepper:
If one isn't shooting the p365 right now, right now, one is missing all the fun. Smile

Nah, I hate wasting ammo and spending time at the UPS Hub shipping guns.

Made it 1500 rounds into my P365...and the trigger died.

No shit... I played that game with Colts.

Sent in my Special Combat the first time, for about a week they couldn't confirm they even received it. It turned out to be a trilogy, with two subsequent sequels before it finally got sorted out. Little did I know, there would be a prequel with my 6" Royal Blue Python, which wouldn't index properly, right out of the box. But hey, at least the cylinder DID rotate. Big Grin

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post