SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Rattler side folder brace parts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rattler side folder brace parts Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know of a source for parts for the side folder brace? I’m looking for the screw that attaches the cuff to the strut, and the mounting/pivoting bracket.

Posts: 503 | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigarms:
Does anyone know of a source for parts for the side folder brace? I’m looking for the screw that attaches the cuff to the strut, and the mounting/pivoting bracket.

I have a Sig contour brace that needs help. The screw that holds the strut to the hinge stripped the torx head (it loosened up and I tried to take it apart to clean it up and reassemble with loctite it but stripped it) and I started drilling out the bolt head but didn't finish. I can maybe finish the job and get it all apart if you want the hinge and the cuff thumb screw. Or maybe send you the whole thing to mess with.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK I drilled it out and got the hinge off. No idea how to get the bolt stub out of the strut though.

Send an email if you want the hinge and the rear screw.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heat gun to break the loctite or whatever they put on this thing just starts to damage the strut. Cutting a slot with a cutoff wheel and using a flat blade screwdriver doesn't help much against the thread locker. Can't believe they aren't made of metal given what Sig charges for them. Oh well, the salvaged parts are fine...

posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay, young tried to kill me with a stomach bug from daycare. If you’re still inclined to get rid of the parts I’ll see what I can do.

posted Hide Post
Emails exchanged...

posted Hide Post
A big thank you to lefty sig! Parts arrived today. Now to experiment and see what I want to go with.