SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone have a handgun that you hated but can't seem to get rid of?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a handgun that you hated but can't seem to get rid of? Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's funny, between this thread and the other threads on the P30 the last year or so, I think I've decided I need to go ahead and pick one up. I have a Beretta 92 that had trigger that was total dogshit. Swapped some parts and springs and now it's got the best DA pull of any pistol I've owned and better than most I've fired. If I can pull off the same thing with a P30 or P30L, I'm on board.

As for the one handgun I hate that I can't seem to get rid of, it's a Baby Browning .25ACP. Apparently everyone else hates them, too.

Posts: 17166 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t like shooting my 642 at all. First gun I bought in the early 90’s. I can’t get rid of it though. I kinda like it in the rotation.

John 3:16
Sig 224,228,229,220,226,1911's, 938,220 carry, 239, 365, 225, 210. I come here because my addiction looks ok compared to your collections : )

Posts: 387 | Location: Indy area | Registered: December 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Funny I guess I’m in the minority I love both the P30L and the Smith 642 and shoot both very well. I’ll agree that the triggers are not the best out of the box though I guess mine may be better than the norm who knows. I have had some handguns over the years that were meh so I let them all go. No place in the stable for anything I hate!

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
I own glocks because they are reliable and relatively cheap. Hate the triggers. So far not really a fan of striker fired guns in general as they are the ones I seem to consistently get rid of.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you tried changing the grip panels on the P30 if your fingers are to short that should help out then do the gray gun parts!

Worst purchase I made was buying my wife the Springfield XDS .45 I thought nice small carry gun for her. Took it to the range said well this isn’t for you! That thing slapped my hand hard enough I think she would never want to shoot any gun if she tried it. Trigger sucked I couldn’t stay better then a 5 inch group and at the time I had a Glock 29 shooting full power underwood ammo way better then the xds. I sold the xds after a couple years sitting then I sold the Glock 29 not much longer afterwards since it never would run consistently with full power ammo even after changing all the springs so yep the 29 is my second worst purchase jam o matic not any kind of perfection! At least the XDS ran but still a pile of poo in my eyes….

Posts: 123 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone have a handgun that you hated but can't seem to get rid of?

Any guns I hate are gone. No sense keeping them.

Q

Posts: 26421 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
S&W 442, from when they first started producing no-locks again. Trigger is awful compared to the vintage 442 my mother had, and a Kel-Tec .380 has more firepower.

Posts: 9974 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My beloved S&W 638 has been replaced by a P365 for four years now, 12 + 1, with a 15 round spare magazine is what made the 365 my EDC. Having said that, the 638 has a sweet trigger job done by Cylinder & Slide, along with a hole bored into the front sight with a Tritium tube installed, both were done ~20 years ago, Trijicon replaced the gas tube about six years ago. I doubt that I will ever sell this fine little snubby, but I can't see a time that it will ever be carried or shot again.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig 226 DAO in .40.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
H&K USP Compact .45acp. trash. gone

I hate my USPc in .40 LEM because I can't hit the side of a barn with it. Someday when I'm retired and bored I'll order a light LEM kit in hopes that will fix the issue, but until then its banished to the far end of the pistol rack.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post