SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 Sight Options
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 Sight Options Login/Join 
Picture of fnforme
posted
Does anyone know if the new American made P210s utilize standard Sig dovetail sights or are they different? I just bought a new P210 standard and shot it amazingly well. I'd love to install trijicon HDs like I use on all the rest of my carry guns so I can put it in the carry rotation once I get a holster for it.

I'd check for myself but my gun suffered from FTEs and it's back at Sig.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fnforme:
Does anyone know if the new American made P210s utilize standard Sig dovetail sights or are they different? I just bought a new P210 standard and shot it amazingly well. I'd love to install trijicon HDs like I use on all the rest of my carry guns so I can put it in the carry rotation once I get a holster for it.

Don't know, but I'm more interested in the last sentence. Can you tell us in more details?

Q

Posts: 26522 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by fnforme:

Don't know, but I'm more interested in the last sentence. Can you tell us in more details?

The gun was purchased new from my local dealer. As with all new Sigs, it was generously lubed upon purchase. I immediately took it to the range at the shop where I bought it and it failed to extract every few rounds. Ammunition was Speer Lawman 115 grain. The brass would protrude approximately half way from the chamber and lock the gun up.

Funny (sad) thing is I had the same problem the same day with my Gen 2 P365 that had already been back to Sig for extraction issues. I got a call to inform me that the P365 was being replaced and no word on the P210 and no shipping notice by email. Last night I received a Fedex notice that they attempted delivery to my house so I will be picking it up this week and we will see if they managed to fix it.

I have a P210 Target that's never had a malfunction so I'm confident it could be fixed.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might have been the "goop" it was shipped with? I have a P210A Standard that I field stripped, cleaned, & lubed before taking to the range, no problems with different types of ammo - 115, 147, fmj, hp, plated reloads.
There was a lot of "goop", along with grease at the hammer, I don't know if that's lube or preservative?
Oh, to answer original question Smile , I'm not sure of the dovetails, best ask Sig.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post