SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Over time which guns have you shot the best?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over time which guns have you shot the best? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
For me its the Browning Hi Power. I love the 1911 and classic P series Sigs like the P228 as well but nothing fits me like the Browning Hi Power.

Posts: 3 | Registered: April 12, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P320 and Staccato XC/C2

Posts: 425 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Sig P228 and HK VP9

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the P210, I don't even need to try.

Happiness is a warm gun.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
CZ 75's

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
GEN 3 Glock 21 followed by GEN 3 34.

Posts: 2878 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
1911 and ruger mk series 22s

Posts: 2068 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P7psp or my Dan Wesson CBOB.

Posts: 1633 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220 and G30S

Posts: 153 | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
In a SD caliber...
1. 1911
2. HK P7M8
3. CZ Shadow 2
4. Sig P229 Legion
5. Sig P225

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Depends what you mean by "best" of course, but for me the P228 for single-shot accuracy and the odd quality I'll call "pointability", and the P229-9mm for rapid-fire (the heavier slide put me on target slightly faster for follow-up shots).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16378 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My issued S&W Model 19 2.5in bbl, an now my Sig P226S 9mm.

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92 with a 14 lb hammer spring, LTT Optimized Trigger Bar, 92X Performance semi-flat shaped trigger, G kit.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Revolvers.
S&W Model of 1955, 45 autorim. 2" groups at 50yd. Offhand.

Colt OMM 38. Silver dollar size group at 50 yds. Offhand.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6320 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The gun I shot the best was a Remington 40x on the school rifle range in 1968-71. Three years until graduation, two nights a week, over 200 afternoons shooting .22 International 3 position, prone, kneeling, standing.

About 10,000 rounds.

And we were given the beater rifles, the other high school team had 52D's. There was about a ten point spread between them and they also got to shoot three times a week, which was another advantage.

Go shoot the gun you dislike the most with what you think is the worst fit, get 10,000 rounds in it - the pros do that every year - and you might find it's less the gun and more the gunner.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Long ago when I regularly
humbled myself
shooting 2700 Bullseye Matches:
208s Hammerli (22)
MP95E Benelli (22)
S&W Model 52 (38spl wadcutters only)
Les Baer Bullseye (45 acp)

After bullseye:
SIG P210-6
SIG P210A
H&K P7M8

and of course,
various S&W revolvers

Posts: 56 | Registered: December 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over time, which means since some time in the very early Nineties, I have shot Ruger GP100 revolvers, the most consistently best. Specifically, the lugged-barrel version, with adjustable sights, and 4” or longer barrels. I put much diligent effort into learning to shoot S&W K- and L-Frames, during police academy training, in 1983 and 1984, and built upon that with other revolvers. The original-style Ruger factory grip feels like it was custom-made for my hands, and the trigger is perfectly located and shaped, so that it is a natural fit for my trigger fingers. I tried to learn to do as well, with other handguns, but the GP100 is my best choice.

On a good day, I can shoot a good 1911 about as well, but I am less consistent.

One upon a time, I could shoot a SIG P229 DAK about as well, on a good day, but that was before arthritis spoiled that, as a P229 has a rather high bore axis, and the semi-rounded rear portion of the grip, and other ergonomic factors, worked against me. Only my right hand has gone gimpy, but it hurts to use my right hand as the support hand, with the proper thumbs-forward hold, for recoil control, when shooting lefty, so, I only shoot the P229 on rare occasions, and not nearly as well as when I trained regularly, when it was my duty pistol, for a number of years.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post