SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What holsters do you wish they still made today...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What holsters do you wish they still made today... Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
What older holsters that have since gone out of production do you wish they still made?

For me, it would be the old J-Frame clamshell shoulder holsters (I think it was the Bianchi model 9).

What's yours?

Posts: 1956 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP. When I saw the thread title I was going to post that old Bianchi shoulder rig. I used to have one that I carried a S&W model 12 2” back in the late 70’s. I believe it was called the Agent. It also had belt slots so you could wear it on the belt also, but I never did.

Another holster would be Hoyt break front duty holsters. I got mine in 1974 right from the maker in Costa Mesa and used it in the academy years later and at beginning of my LEO career. I believe they moved to Washington state before going out of business. Great duty holsters for revolvers. They also made a concealment rig for 2.5 inch k-frames that I wish I’d have bought.

I sold the Bianchi rig but still have my Hoyt.

Posts: 744 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The old Askins Avenger from Bianchi. And the Model 2. Great designs and reasonably priced. Lots of custom makers still make them, but costs are now high for one. I have had good luck on Ebay finding vintage holsters.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15989 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Anything for my Glock17 gen2 in Kydex. My leather stuff is wearing out and nobody seems to want to deal w/ anything w/o a frame rail. I'm sure Gen 3-5 works somewhat but it would be nice to have a specific model holster.
It's not my main carry but it's still viable and I guess it's a sign I'm getting old by not buying the latest and greatest G.

Posts: 7316 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Though I don't think he departed on good terms (more like disappeared), I do like all of my OHC holsters. Crossbreed style without the pricetag.

Need to source a good alternative for my wife & her LC9.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15133 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Bianchi PDQ model 81

Posts: 3440 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
I can’t remember if it was Bianchi or Safariland that made the Klipspringer. It was easy to take off and put on, and it actually carried pretty good, too.

Posts: 391 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Safariland used to make a concealment version of the 070. It was an open top but had the ejection port hook and the finger snap. It was actually a really secure holster for plainclothes officers that didn’t stick out like a sore thumb.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Ozarks Holster Company. I had Dustin make me several custom holsters, and I can't find anyone that makes them as sturdy or will customize them.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6020 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
The Raven Concealment Phantom. I have one of them for my G17 and one for my 1911's. The one for the G17 has been used almost every day for either the G17/G19/G23 since I got and that was about 15 years ago.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Occidental Stronghold Phoenix holster. Best IWBs I've ever had.

Sadly, the patterns were lost when the TTGunLeather shop was caught in a wildfire a few years back, and Tim doesn't want to spend the time to recreate them since he believes his newer IWB designs are superior. (While they're certainly very good, I still have a slight preference for the older Phoenix.)

quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
The Raven Concealment Phantom.

Oh yes. Certainly. I've made my feelings about Raven's cheap new designs very apparent in past threads. I don't want to spike my blood pressure and dredge up my PTSD by reiterating. Big Grin

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/20352...1:g:uzoAAOSwLwJg7YgN

OP - Clamshell

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1629 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Bladetech UCH. A real small profile kydex IWB with adjustable tension, ride height, and cant. It came with a real nice tuckable clip that you could slip on and off your belt. It was all I recommended people for small pistols. Sadly Bladetech has moved to plastic injection holsters.

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paddy314:
I can’t remember if it was Bianchi or Safariland that made the Klipspringer. It was easy to take off and put on, and it actually carried pretty good, too.

Paddy314

Did it have a wide wire clip that held it over the belt with a thumbbreak and made out of a synthetic leather. If so it was made by Safariland.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I'll third the Raven Concealment Phantom.

The injection molded replacements are subpar by comparison.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://holsterwelt.com/Vertic...r-SP-101-Brown-Right

No idea on quality, but someone still makes the upside down for a Revolver.

Posts: 881 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an Andy Arratoonian (Horseshoe) for my P220; I certainly wish the best for him and his health.

Posts: 33 | Location: Upper Connecticut River Valley | Registered: May 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KyTac Super Hooper.....

TR

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't wish that they still make this design like they used to, since it had a nasty tendency to crack after a year or so of constant use. But if Blade-Tech had made them with REAL Kydex of adequate material thickness, I really would love having the original Eclipse again. I do miss how versatile and comfortable that setup was.

-MG

Posts: 1924 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Renegade Cozy Partner ankle holster. Most comfortable ankle rig ever. Another company started making but I’m not sure it’s the same as the original.

Posts: 90 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post