SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W 625 Mountain Gun in .45 ACP
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W 625 Mountain Gun in .45 ACP Login/Join 
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hear you on that. I’m thinking (and may be mis-remembering this) that there are some Mountain Guns in blue or possibly black; regardless, they indeed would be spectacular in an old-school S&W blue.

Your right. I had the blued Mountain Gun in 45 LC. Like many of my stupid ideas, I sold it a few years ago & have regretted it ever since. My 625-3 does help with the pain though.

My ex Mountain Gun.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite revolvers. It's a great setup for a carry revolver, if you don't mind the size and weight. Matt Del Fatti has several of his full moon carriers in-stock and ready to ship now if anyone is interested: http://www.delfatti.com/In-Stock.html

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
Nothing quite like a revolver chambered for .45 ACP...unless it's a .44 Spl.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1450 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Still my favorite revolver! Here's my "pre-lock" model!

DSCN0669 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only wish I had a 625 MG!

Have to “make do” with my 629 MG.... Great gun for out in the woods where you might need something with some authority.

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all - enjoying the MG love in this thread haha!

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stylophiles:
I only wish I had a 625 MG!

Have to “make do” with my 629 MG.... Great gun for out in the woods where you might need something with some authority.

Bill R

Nice! Isn’t the .44 Magnum where it all began for the Mountain Gun line?

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
The 625's are sweet revolvers. I went a slightly different route though and bought a Ruger Redhawk chambered in 45LC/45ACP. I'm sure its a few ounces heavier than a 625 but how can you go wrong being able to shoot the larger cartridge?

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^ I like that Redhawk!

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:

TheFrontRange - please forgive me for the thread derail, but I have to ask Delta-3 who makes those grips. I think they are stunning!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
quote:
TheFrontRange - please forgive me for the thread derail, but I have to ask Delta-3 who makes those grips. I think they are stunning!

Those are VZ grips. They have many colors, patterns & textures for revolvers & Semi-autos.

www.vzgrips.com

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much Delta-3.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
Nice! Isn’t the .44 Magnum where it all began for the Mountain Gun line?

That’s what mine is, and it was the first chambering I was aware of. In fact, I was surprised to see the other chamberings later on.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
31 loaded moon clips. Nice

Posts: 134 | Location: No Ca | Registered: December 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Very cool, nice to see classy carry gear looking like it gets used.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I should not have opened this thread...$$$

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I should not have opened this thread...$$$

Yeah, it's not a cheap gun but well worth the price. My 15 year old son got to fire mine last weekend and even he did well and really enjoyed shooting it too.

I also feel you on your response as well because I was happy with the Hogue's I put on mine until I saw the VZ grips I saw Delta-3 post in his picture Eek

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Hey, glad to see the wheelgun love continuing strong here! Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
I'd love to add the 45 acp version to my stable, but the one I have is in .45 Long Colt. They are excellent guns.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
Very nice! I've been looking at the moon clip carriers from Jeffery's for my 3" 625-3. Are they as good as advertised? I like the concept over anything else I've found.

Thank you and same here - I’ve had some great carrier recommendations here and from another forum and finally decided on the Jeffrey pouches. To me, they are excellent - they conceal well and work great! I’ll add a few more pics below...

Thank you, I have been on the fence on these for awhile now.

Need to order a couple for my M29 MG

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post