SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P232 Mag Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P232 Mag Question Login/Join 
posted
Thoughts on buying a Mec-Gar mag for a Sig P232 that has been factory modified for the 230/232 mag release button?

Posts: 24 | Location: Fairfax Station, VA | Registered: December 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I don't think mec-gar makes a p230/232 magazine.
Some guys are using mec-gar Bersa mags that they modify for use in 230/232.
Here is a link to some bersa modified magazines.

https://robertsonstradingpost....8-Shot-Nickel-Ne.htm

Posts: 1551 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm old and out of it, but didn't think the p230/p232 had a mag release button. Thought they are heel release only?

Posts: 264 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cndrdk:
Maybe I'm old and out of it, but didn't think the p230/p232 had a mag release button. Thought they are heel release only?

As far as I know, you are correct.

I've never seen a 230/232 with anything other than a heel mag release.

For reasons that defy any practical consideration, I like the 230/232 guns.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Ditto, the release is on the bottom of the grip. Very old school and one of the two items I've never liked about the 230/232s. The other is that they could not make it in standard para 9mm. But with all that said I still think it is best looking semi-auto pistol ever made. Best Sig could do after that is make the P239.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Handgunner00:
Thoughts on buying a Mec-Gar mag for a Sig P232 that has been factory modified for the 230/232 mag release button?

No such thing. I have 9 or 10 230/232's and probably 40 mags. Don't waste your money.

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I was going to say "I like 232 pistols also " because I have 2 of them...then I saw the post above....

gonna really have to work hard on my 232 game

quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
quote:
Originally posted by Handgunner00:

No such thing. I have 9 or 10 230/232's and probably 40 mags. Don't waste your money.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, you need to go to work Jimbo....here's a group pic of most of them, plus the one in my truck, desk drawer and bedside.

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all. Had my doubts - just wanted a couple of second opinions.

Posts: 24 | Location: Fairfax Station, VA | Registered: December 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Hell, I say buy one and let us know if it works.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After looking at the Robertson site, I would be tempted to give the modified Bersa mag a try. Especially at 34 bucks.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post