SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1911 chip McCormick 10 round 45ACP mags GTG?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 chip McCormick 10 round 45ACP mags GTG? Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
I’ve never run a 10 rounder out of my 1911’s before and I’m wondering if the Chip McCormick ones are as good as they seem. This one is the “railed” version, which has some sort of internal rail system for reliable feeding. Bought it on a whim today when I was out as the local fun store.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Never had one of those railed ones but I have a 10 rounder and it's been good to go for the past 10 years. I admit I haven't used it in a few years but every time I used it, it worked just as it should have.

They're good to go. Not as popular as Wilson Combat but they're good mags, IME.

Posts: 13117 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few CMC 10 round magazines, never a problem. Not a real test but I left 3 loaded for 6 months, emptied them, no issues.

In light of other poster/guns I use these magazines with a Springfield Armory MC Operator.

When I'm looking for 1911 magazines, I look for CMC first.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: roberth,

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
One of the very best

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two of the 8x.45 RPMs and they work well with lips rolled instead of tapered and a very stout spring. I expect the 10 will do well; but you will find that out the next trip to the range, right?

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I’m gonna be “that guy”.
1911 pattern pistols can be quite finicky when it comes to magazines.
CM is a reputable brand, and they make quality stuff. But I wouldn’t assume anything until you wring it out at the range.

My personal experience was with two 10mm 1911 Pistols. I bought some Wilson Combat mags. Both pistols turned into single shots.
But the $11.95 Metal form mags I bought later have been 100%.

That is just anecdotal evidence, I know. And pertains to 10mm, not 45acp.

But, I also currently have a Mecgar 10rd 45acp mag that will not feed the top three round in my new Sig Emperor Scorpion Carry 1911. But the Checkmates and MecGar mags I have work great.

Posts: 6307 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
These would be pretty much just a fun range toy accessory. I won’t carry my 1911’s with the 10 rounders so it’s not paramount that they are flawless, but of course it would be nice to have a reliable one. It seems like most of you feel pretty good about the CMC 10’ers.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'm also sorta that guy. CMC Power-mags gave me fits. But I was using them for USPSA, dropping them in the dirt and sand. As soon as they got just a little dirty I'd have troubles, mostly with mags not dropping free and having to be stripped out. The follower would creep forward and drag in the frame. I divested myself of them at quite some monetary loss. lol

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
One of the very best

I agree ^

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Run the 10 rounders in my Springfield and Sig 1911's not an issue. Some of the mags are 8+ years old.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm another person who is "meh" on the Chip McCormick magazines, and I had one just self-destruct on me. I like Tripp Research and WC mags for my Dan Wesson Guardian.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post