SIGforum
Mag Storage Solutions review

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6180069554

April 23, 2019, 04:51 PM
Ronin101
Mag Storage Solutions review

Just bought this today. On a continuing quest to organize my pistol and rifle mags. the top rack was able to hold 12 226 mags and 15 smaller mags on the bottom. I have not loaded all of the magazines but the magnets are hella strong and should be able to hold the extra weight. they fit tight and stable in the rack. made in the USA. I bought the magnet kit so that I could use it on the outside of my safe or a metal storage cabinet that I have!!

Only two con's that I can think of is that it is expensive at 39.99 and 19.99 for the magnets. And I would have preferred that the plastic was a little thicker
April 23, 2019, 10:37 PM
jimb888
That's not expensive. Your mags cost that much - each:-) Looks great too.
April 24, 2019, 02:43 AM
JBird679
How did you get so many mags in there? When this first came out I was interested, but in the stock photos it looks like a whole lot of wasted space.

April 24, 2019, 04:53 AM
sns3guppy
I had various creative ideas for mag storage, but I discovered that tossing them in a plastic bag works pretty well.

Mobile, too.
April 24, 2019, 08:10 AM
Ronin101
you get a bunch of spacers with it. I simply used one spacer on each side of the magazine, instead of the two on the company picture!!!

with the extra spacers you could fully seat 1911 or 220 mags all the way across
April 24, 2019, 08:22 AM
sakata8242
I have too many mags and not enough space in my safe for an elegant solution like that. Rubbermaid bins and a Sharpie marker for me. Razz
April 24, 2019, 08:23 AM
Ronin101
J bird.. I expect that the glock mags are a bit wider so you probably lose one or two slots!!!
April 24, 2019, 08:24 AM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by sakata8242:
I have too many mags and not enough space in my safe for an elegant solution like that. Rubbermaid bins and a Sharpie marker for me. Razz
Agreed but I use steralite boxes.
April 24, 2019, 08:30 AM
Ronin101
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

you should step up to the Rubbermaid and treat yourself!! Razz
April 24, 2019, 01:40 PM
Frenchy1004
quote:
quote:

Same for me, have worked pretty well!
April 24, 2019, 01:42 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by Frenchy1004:
quote:
quote:

Same for me, have worked pretty well!

Yeah, I'd (1) go broke and (2) not have enough wall space for the product in the OP Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
April 24, 2019, 01:56 PM
92fstech
I like it. Looks like a good solution, and not too terribly expensive. I'm cheap...I bought some magnetic knife-holder strips from Harbor freight for $4 each, and screwed them to the wall above my safe. Works well for everything but Glock mags.
April 24, 2019, 01:58 PM
JBird679
I like having some mags available for quick access. A GSS or Lockdown mag magnet gets the job done for now.

MSS also makes a rifle mag holder but it also wastes a lot of space. The lockdown option works well and can be stood up on its own or screwed to the wall.

April 24, 2019, 02:02 PM
JBird679
Damn, looking up images I just stumbled on these and I have some serious safe envy going on.

April 24, 2019, 02:05 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
Damn, looking up images I just stumbled on these and I have some serious safe envy going on.
Lol, those safes are nearly full enough with firearms! Wink

I keep most of my mags out of the safe, with some exceptions for duty / carry pistols & rifles.

Honestly I'd need another safe for all the magazines I have.
April 24, 2019, 05:40 PM
Rustpot
I've got a few Case Club ammo can inserts for magazine storage. The AR one isn't the best, but I'm definitely a fan of the pistol mag sets. I have one for the MTM can and one for a GI .50cal can.

April 27, 2019, 03:12 PM
flwing
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I had various creative ideas for mag storage, but I discovered that tossing them in a plastic bag works pretty well.

Mobile, too.

I do the same thing - since I buy ammo in bulk in very heavy duty ziplock-style bags with desiccant gel packs, the all get repurposed as magazine storage (loaded, of course) and the gel packs keep down moisture build-up.