SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any problem with the feed lips spreading on Magpul PMAGS designed for GLOCKs or the CZ Scorpion?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any problem with the feed lips spreading on Magpul PMAGS designed for GLOCKs or the CZ Scorpion? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
In the rifle section, there is an ongoing discussion about PMAG use and the AR-15. I think it is uniformly accepted that it is best to store loaded AR15 PMAGSs with the magazine cover on to prevent the feed lips from spreading. Is there a similar problem/concern with the PMAGS designed for the GLOCK and/or CZ Scorpion?

Posts: 12475 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I have 100 of the Magpul 17 rounders at work. We check them out during firearms training and they get cleaned in an ultrasonic once per year, and a fresh cot of paint on the base pads. They are training magazines. I have seen no issues in two years.

They are not stored loaded for any length of time, though.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Thanks jljones. Does anyone else have any experience?

posted Hide Post
I have PMAG 5.56 mags that have been kept loaded for over a decade without any change, with and without covers.

I have Glock PMAGS that have been kept loaded for several years, without any notable change.

I have range PMAGS that have been dropped loaded, unloaded, kicked, and beaten through thousands of rounds, without any change or loss of function other than scratches and cosmetics.

I don't know anything about the PMAGS for a scorpion.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've probably got three dozen Glock PMAGs and fifty AR-15 PMAGs (all generations, back to some 2007 built ones). I have never seen this issue on any of them including some that have been kept loaded for years. I have Glock PMAGs in 12, 15, 17, and 21 round varieties and AR in 20 and 30.

Posts: 5168 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Bump and thank you to those who replied.

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Haven't had an issue yet, but I've only had the Scorpion mag loaded for about 6 months so far.

Posts: 2594 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post