SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    States besides CA that prohibit the sale of P365?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

States besides CA that prohibit the sale of P365? Login/Join 
Picture of lakeriedog
posted
Hello, I know the P365 pistol isn't on the roster for CA, I live in Nevada now and my post is raffling one and plan to sell tickets this weekend at the VFW Western Conference here in NV. I know I won't be able to transfer it to any CA residents, but was wondering if anyone knows if any states west of the Mississippi have similar restrictions.

Posts: 38 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: July 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
No restrictions in Colorado other than a 15-round magazine capacity limit.
(And no, I do not know if there are any >15-round mags for the P365 series, but answering in advance in case there are.)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think CA is the only state with that type roster system. Other states may ban certain features (like magazines larger than a certain capacity.) But I don't know of any with a list of allowed guns.

This is another piece of legislation that needs to be attacked in court.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe California is the only state with a roster of firearms.

Other than that it’s pretty much just magazine capacity and assuming it’s not a tac-pac or something with higher capacity magazines the standard 10rd mags in a P365 should be good in any other state.

I’ve definitely been known to be wrong before, but I’m pretty sure you’re good anywhere else.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well having just left Maryland I can tell you they have a roster of approved handguns. The only significant difference is that anyone can lobby the committee to add a gun to the list. They meet ecvery month or quarterly and if you put in the request it is generally accepted. Weird thing is some guns are generically allowed, like Sig P226, and then others are by sku numbers. It’s a bit if a disaster but nowhere near as bad as Cali.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
California, Maryland, Massachusetts, & District of Columbia have handgun rosters.

DC follows CA's roster, so the P365 is excluded. Interesting note is that there are only two FFLs in all of DC.
https://mpdc.dc.gov/page/firea...ligible-registration

MD's roster allows nearly all, if not all P365 variants. I believe 10+ round mags are permitted if imported from out of state.
https://licensingportal.mdsp.m...PBridgeClient/#/home

MA's roster only allows the P365 w/ manual safety.
https://www.mass.gov/lists/app...ved-firearms-roster-

Some states prohibit mags that hold more than 10-rounds, in case you're raffling a P365 w/ greater-than-10-round mags.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maryland allows possession and use of above 10 round mags. You can buy them out if state and bring them in for use legally. You just can’t buy them or sell them inside the state. I don’t even think you can sell them to a legal state. It’s all kinds of goofy up there.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a DC instructor. DC uses all three rosters, CA, MA, MD. Any gun you want to register to carry in DC must be on one of those rosters. The SIG P365 is on both the MA & MD rosters, so it CAN be registered in DC.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post