SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wife's first gun - EZ Shield 9MM Performance Center
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife's first gun - EZ Shield 9MM Performance Center Login/Join 
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Part 1 of the search started today. Went to the LGS and my granddaughter fondled some compacts. She liked the S&W EZ best with the Sig 365X a close 2nd. We'll go to the range that has them for rent and let her shoot each one to see which one she prefers. BTW, I fondled a H&K compact and loved the way that sucker fit my hand. I gotta have some willpower now.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Good for you and your grand daughter. Smile

We haven't been too the range yet to try out wife'ss new EZ 9MM Shield, maybe this Sunday I hope.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
We finally made it to the range yesterday. Both of us consider the EZ Shield 9MM to be a sweet shooter. Put about 100 rounds thorugh it with the wife shooting it mostly since it is her pistol and I put a few magazines through it and was first time I ever shot one. Had one stove pie of spent round, otherwise it ran great. I explained to wife I was not concerned about the one issue during first range trip and early in our range shooting. The sights on the Performance Center version and the trigger are really nice. No complaints or comments from her about the grip safety which she had expressed concern about the first time she had tried one.

When I tried it I was shooting to the left with it at 7 yards. I have larger hands and I then tried using first finger joint on trigger finger to operate the trigger and then rounds were on center of target. Wife did pretty well with it too but shot some rounds low but I explained to her that was from flinchng. I had her dry fire a while and try again and that mostly resolved that problem. She sure is excited having her very first pistol. At the end of the range trip she was a bit disappointed in her shooting results but I explained to her she was not shooting the Browning Buckmark as well as she normally does either and it had been about 4 months since she last been to the range plus she had been to the doctor in the morning and had a shot and blood drawn which was bothering her a bit after shooting somme. Still she said she had fun and I told her that is what counts and the we will try to get back to our monthly range trips and she will see her shootinng improve with that and also some dry firing at home with the 9MM laser training cartridge.

After we were done with the range we browsed the firearms for sale and after a little while she asked me to come see the pistol she was looking at. I got to her and she was holding a P210A Target Big Grin . Yeah she knows a nice pistol when she sees one.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post