SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Colt SAA and clones old west holster rigs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt SAA and clones old west holster rigs Login/Join 
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
IIRC the 2.5 inch would be more common.

Retention on my El Paso holsters is very good. If I fully insert a revolver into the holster and then turn everything upside down, the revolver will slowly drop free after a couple seconds of hesitation. More than enough retention for me to reholster the guns and amble over to the next shooting position. If I need more retention I just use the hammer loop.

If I wanted to loosen the grip of the holster on the revolver I would put the revolver in a plastic bag and then holster it and let it sit for a day. The added thickness of the bag will slightly stretch the leather and loosen up the retention.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post