SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Father's Day P365 Review
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Father's Day P365 Review Login/Join 
posted
I purchased a new P365 last week; which I bought from Bud's- with a 2/19 manufacture date for about $500. I also picked up a 12 round mag and went to the range with my son today. I shot 300 rounds of Federal 115 grain hard-ball, and 75 rounds of Gold Dot 124+P and it chewed through my ammo flawlessly! Recoil was a bit more stout than my son's G-43, but regardless, I absolutely love my new pocket pistol. Both of my 10 round mags seemed to bind when I initially loaded the forth round in them, but this only occurred the first time I loaded them, and it didn't present a problem after that. The P365 proved to be very accurate, comfortable to shoot, and reliable!
Prior to shooting the P365, I sanded the rear edges of my 10 round magazine base-plates, because I could tell these would dig into my palm, and... I'm very glad I did. After sanding these, the grip was much more comfortable with no sharp edges.
I waited a long time to buy the P365, because I had zero interest in spending $500 to be a beta-tester for Sig. I'm super glad I waited! At least from my experience, the bugs have been worked out; buy with confidence! I love my new Recluse TS front pocket holster for the P365 and I can't wait to get my 15 round Mag from Sportsman's guide (for about $36). It's been a 25 year journey, but my quest for the perfect pocket pistol is over!

Posts: 77 | Registered: March 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Get yourself an UpLULA and save your hands/fingers. I never owned one until I got my P365.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flaman:
Prior to shooting the P365, I sanded the rear edges of my 10 round magazine base-plates, because I could tell these would dig into my palm, and... I'm very glad I did. After sanding these, the grip was much more comfortable with no sharp edges.

I plan to do the same with my new P365. I can tell just from dry-firing that it would be an issue.

Posts: 32570 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seriously. an UpLULA is a must for the P365

Posts: 77 | Registered: March 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Get yourself an UpLULA and save your hands/fingers. I never owned one until I got my P365.

Same here. Still a bit tough getting #10 in even with the UpLULA. Almost impossible without.

Also, you said: "Recoil was a bit more stout than my son's G-43"...I put a Hogue grip on mine and it reduces the perceived recoil noticeably.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrprovy
posted Hide Post
+100 on the UpLULA

Glad you like it; it's a really nice shooting concealment gun! I love mine, ran it through a class with 0 issues and it disappears on my hip, iwb or owb.

Posts: 62 | Location: New Yorkistan | Registered: April 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to be tempted to pick up a 365 again. Seems like it's been long enough and the issues are wrung out.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that the safety is out I am back on board. I shot the G43, PPQ, P365 side by side and it was a tough call. The P365 was laser accurate. Recoil was similar in all 3. Decided to keep my G42. I cant wait till P365 is back in stock.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The uplula is nice when the magazines are new, but after they've sat loaded for a while, or been shot a bit, then they're easy enough to load by hand.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Yup!

Posts: 13685 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot mine for the first time today. Only issue is that after 5-6 magazines, I started to get a sore trigger finger. This may have to do with having short fingers but I have the same issue with Glocks. I note that there are aftermarket flat triggers available. I wonder if they would solve the problem.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the grayguns flat trigger for the P365, and also the Sig flat trigger for the same. Both feel and function the same to me, both are good. I shot the P365 today at the range with the factory flat trigger, and my son shot it as well. I like it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty surprised here as I ordered a P365 last week with Manual safety from my LGS and was told 45 days on backorder and then I got a call yesterday that the pistol was in. Born on date of 6/10

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by flaman:

I plan to do the same with my new P365. I can tell just from dry-firing that it would be an issue.

I found that by installing a Hogue P365 grip, the grip not only fills my large hands better, it also blunts the sharp rear corner of the grip and magazine.

No need to file anything down any more.

Posts: 32570 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post